I have been accepted to COMP for class of 2006!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am eagerly awaiting to start medical school in the fall of 2002.
:clap:
I was wondering if anyone needs a roommate in pomona or the surronding areas like claremont.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

I would... but I'm a woman and would prefer a female roommate. now do *you* know any one (female that is) that needs a roommate? :)

Congratulations!! I'll see you in August.

hi nx811
For the moment i don't know any female that needs a roommate. But if i hear of anyone i will let you know.
By the way, i learned from your profile that you are from arizona. I was wondering why you decided not to go to AZCOM. I ask becasue AZCOM is a great school and you live close to it?

Congratulations on your acceptance. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hiya futuredoc,

It *is* because i live close to it. If i move back to Phoenix (I'm currently in Tucson at the UofA), I'd have to move in w/ my parents. It's extremely hard to study at home. And my AZCOM interview isn't until April 12th. And I got the acceptance letter from COMP a few weeks back. And I dunno.. I just felt comfortable walking around at COMP. And just the thought of living in Phoenix again, hm.. no. I grew up there and just want to get away for a while. :) But now I'm sorta worried about living in LA. Strange huh?

I saw your post with AZCOM and I thought I'd write again. Congrats btw! I chose COMP over TUCOM because I felt more comfortable there. So I suggest you do the same. I haven't been to AZCOM's campus, so I can't compare. But you can!!
To let you know though, Phoenix isn't a bad place to live. It's just incredibly hot in the summer, if you're not used to it. It's starting to warm up already here. 92 degrees F at 1:30 this afternoon. And it's not even April yet. But every where you go, there'll be A/C. So no worries. You don't see ppl walking around on the streets a lot though :)
Well, whatever you decide, just make sure it's right for you. Maybe I'll see you this fall at COMP :) If you haven't been to the Phoenix Metropolitan area, I suggest you take a trip here. The city has lots to offer.

Hey NX811..
If I haven't mentioned already, congrats for getting in! I'm glad you felt comfortable during your visit at COMP. Let us know if you have any more questions (and visit the COMP 2005 and 2006 threads too!).. I'm sure we can help answer any concerns regarding apartments to look into around here and other things to do around the area.

Oh yeah, it does get warm during the summer, but often times there is a nice cool breeze somewhere if you wait long enough. That applies even moreso if you drive about 35-45 minutes inland towards the coast (go to the beach!). I'm sure either way, it's probably not as hot as AZ though.. heh.

As far as moving to LA, you're still about 45 minutes west of LA.. have you been around California before other than visiting schools? I've been around for two years and slowly have gotten used to it, but I do enjoy being here.