I have never been so depressed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Desiroxta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys it's been a while since i've visited this site and today I just completely lost it.... Well ok here goes nothing....

Im currently a sophmore at University and im just about to finish up my second year... I am done with all my core courses my major is Biology and as far as dental school goes here are my classes...

Bio 1 (B)
Bio 1 lab (B+)
Bio 2 (A)
Bio 2 Lab (A)
Chem 1 (B) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 1 Lab (B) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 2 (A) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 2 Lab (A) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Organic 1 (W) last fall...
Organic 1 Lab (B-) last fall
Organic 1 ( as far as this semester is concered I got a 76 on my first test my second test got dropped cause I had an emergency and my third test I made a 40...) So I NEED to get a HUNDRED on the final in order to even make an C!!!! and im going insane... I wish I can get out with at least a C or even C- I would be happy......
Plant Anatomy (B+)
Plant Physiology (B+)

well.... my cumulative GPA right now is 3.64 but I have a really bad feeling ORGANIC will bring it ALOT down this semester and if I fail GOD FORBID that will DESTROY my chances of getting into dental school since i already took organic once before and dropped with a W and now that im taking it again god forbid i fail.... but that owuld look so horrible and im really worried that will destroy my chances of getting into dental school... please people shed some light i am extremely depressed right now and comforting words would really cheer me up... please let me know if there is still hope or if this is a lost cause... thanks guys god bless!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok guys it's been a while since i've visited this site and today I just completely lost it.... Well ok here goes nothing....

Im currently a sophmore at University and im just about to finish up my second year... I am done with all my core courses my major is Biology and as far as dental school goes here are my classes...

Bio 1 (B)
Bio 1 lab (B+)
Bio 2 (A)
Bio 2 Lab (A)
Chem 1 (B) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 1 Lab (B) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 2 (A) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Chem 2 Lab (A) COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Organic 1 (W) last fall...
Organic 1 Lab (B-) last fall
Organic 1 ( as far as this semester is concered I got a 76 on my first test my second test got dropped cause I had an emergency and my third test I made a 40...) So I NEED to get a HUNDRED on the final in order to even make an C!!!! and im going insane... I wish I can get out with at least a C or even C- I would be happy......
Plant Anatomy (B+)
Plant Physiology (B+)

well.... my cumulative GPA right now is 3.64 but I have a really bad feeling ORGANIC will bring it ALOT down this semester and if I fail GOD FORBID that will DESTROY my chances of getting into dental school since i already took organic once before and dropped with a W and now that im taking it again god forbid i fail.... but that owuld look so horrible and im really worried that will destroy my chances of getting into dental school... please people shed some light i am extremely depressed right now and comforting words would really cheer me up... please let me know if there is still hope or if this is a lost cause... thanks guys god bless!

Even with a D, it shouldn't bring your overall down to anything lower than 3.4, 3.5 right? Just make sure you do well on other courses and DAT then you should be fine. Good luck! :)

I agree your GPA is really strong (even if you do get a poor grade in Ochem). Many dental schools however say that you have to have a C or better in the req courses... so if worse comes to worst, you may have to retake Ochem. That is the absolute worst case scenario. Good job on your other courses. You seem pretty competitive to this point. Keep it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
ad coms recognize when a low grade is an isolated event.
just continue to make sure that its isolated.
:luck:

As others said, you should be fine. Study super hard for this class, find a tutor or someone to help you, I know it will take away many evenings that you could be doing something else on, but it will be worth it in the end.

There's a lot more to your application than the 2 Ochem attempts. You still have the DAT, an excellent opportunity to excel. And as far as Ochem goes, you can still recover. Sure the adcoms will likely ask in your interviews what happened. But if you can come back now and score well, you can tell them how that class was your nemesis but you learned what you were doing wrong and overcame it.

I actually posted a thread about ochem in specific because i was freaking out about it. KILL ORGO 2...Study day, night, get tutors, whatever it may be and kill it. I almost did it. (Almost lol). Besides your GPA is still good and like everyone says dental schools know this is a tough class. Just don't let the grade represent your DAT orgo score. Don't screw up in other classes and you will be fine.

It's probably pretty certain that you'll have to retake the ochem, but don't get so down over it.
Then again.. I know finals week makes everything worse.
Good luck, I don't think this ochem grade will hurt you as much as you think it will, you'll just have to retake it and get a better grade.

I would retake if you get a C or lower. It will raise your GPA and help you score even better on the DAT (as long as you take it after you complete the retake).