1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I just got accepted

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by happy20003, Apr 20, 2007.

1. happy20003

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. postbacker

postbacker Membership Revoked
    Removed

Non-Student
    Are there no post bac opportunities in Arizona? Would it be possible to do an informal post bac at ASU or UofA? It would have to be a HELL of a lot cheaper than what you are looking at...

Why is it 2 years? Lots of post bacs are designed to be done in 12 months for the very reason you cite - to save money and get it over with ASAP...

Where did Ohio State come from? Are you a resident of Ohio or Arizona?

4. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Moving to Post-Bac Forum where people with post-bac experience can post answers.

5. sfnix

sfnix Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i'm sure rutgers will be talking to you about financial aid at some point and how they do things there, but as a general rule: for a student with a degree, if you are taking undergrad classes working towards a certificate or another undergrad degree, you can only borrow $5,500 as a dependent or $12,500 as an independent federally. so the rest of the $$ to finance the school would be through an independent loaner (citibank, bank of america, etc. etc. etc.). if you were to go over the limit in med school sometime anyways (which is a likely possibility, one i am expecting) you'll be doing the private loan thing there too.

6. Dr.Detroit

Dr.Detroit Boogie Member
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, doesn't make sense to go $56,870+ more in the hole for this program. Just do what you have to do in-state (at a 4 yr. college or university).

7. happy20003

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  8. postbacker

postbacker Membership Revoked
    Removed

Non-Student
    Your last line just about sums it all up. You have left me totally confused with your posts and logic...good luck with all of that!

9. happy20003

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  10. sfnix

sfnix Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    trust me, if you can get into med school, some bank is going to give you the money to go. what do they have to lose? you'll be making enough money to pay them off after school. the loans sound enormous and unbelievable but people have been accruing this amount of debt for years to be a physician. unfortunately if you don't have a 3.9+ and 40 MCAT (stats a little enlarged obviously), you have to go the loan route (or trust fund, if you have one of those.)