"I just interviewed, have I been accepted?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just interviewed at COMP on Friday.
The director of admissions (my interviewer) said that the committee meets on wednesdays, so would it be presumptuous (aka stupid) to call tomorrow? I'm really anxious to find out if I was accepted, but I don't want to annoy them when they're busy deliberating or some such adcomm like thing. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

They said they will meet on Wednesday.. hmmm you don't know what time... you should of asked. What to do..hmmm sure call and anoye them... you waiting.. how long now. 21, 22, 23 years... one more day is not going to kill you.

subtle1epiphany said:
So I just interviewed at COMP on Friday.
The director of admissions (my interviewer) said that the committee meets on wednesdays, so would it be presumptuous (aka stupid) to call tomorrow? I'm really anxious to find out if I was accepted, but I don't want to annoy them when they're busy deliberating or some such adcomm like thing. :scared:

call the day after or they may change their mind about you

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont call the,....hide your phone, cut your hands off, break your phone, etc do whatever you have to do to NOT call them. You will hear from them as soon as the decision is made.

Good luck

they'll probably decide on your app the wednesday after; they take a while to get back and my acceptance was in a small envelope so don't freak out

Amy B said:
Dont call the,....hide your phone, cut your hands off, break your phone, etc do whatever you have to do to NOT call them. You will hear from them as soon as the decision is made.

Good luck

you can call them-----i always called mine (1 week after), and i was accepted at every school i interviewed at

Wow, almost sinister to them to use a small envelope, hope they don't send the denials in a big one!!!

Don't call, If there is one common piece of advice I could give to all medical students is just CHILL OUT a little. You'll find out in good time no use annoying them. They know who you are you don't want to make them sorry they let you in, or glad that they didn't! Heaven forbid you don't get in this time around and have to reapply... you don't want a reputation to proceede you. Hang in there we all had to wait with great fear and trembling :oops: Best of luck to you!

roqlizard said:
Don't call, If there is one common piece of advice I could give to all medical students is just CHILL OUT a little. You'll find out in good time no use annoying them. They know who you are you don't want to make them sorry they let you in, or glad that they didn't! Heaven forbid you don't get in this time around and have to reapply... you don't want a reputation to proceede you. Hang in there we all had to wait with great fear and trembling :oops: Best of luck to you!

But if it is our first choice, I think it saves a lot of time and $$$ by canceling other interviews by finding out earlier. I'll be buggin my first choice and chilling out on the rest.

OnMyWayThere said:
But if it is our first choice, I think it saves a lot of time and $$$ by canceling other interviews by finding out earlier. I'll be buggin my first choice and chilling out on the rest.

You should bring up these concerns in the interview. I wouldn't call unless you have been specifically invited to do such by your interviewer or some other authority. I had a time sensitive need to know whether I got in to KCUMB. My interviewer told me not to pay any deposits elsewhere before I called his office.