I just took the pcat for the first time with a very low (lower than 30 percentile) I need help asap!

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by qreigna1, 10.30.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. qreigna1

qreigna1

I really studied hard! I used the princeton (cracking the pcat), Barron's, pcat flashcards and kaplan!! After studying for 3 months hoping to do well I flunked! Please anybody give me advice I will retake it in jan. That will be my last chance if I want to go to pharmacy school! I graduated this may with bachelor's in chemistry the timing messed me up I ended up guessing with few seconds left and the reading was alot I had a headache before I could start reading! HELP HELP HELP ANYONE PLEASE!

Last edited: 11.01.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SClENCE

SClENCE 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Lol

Try Dr. collins? I didn't even do half the material and got a 90 and thats all I used along with pearson tests

4. Iihyeonii

Iihyeonii 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Try Dr.collins... study for an hour a day. 99 on chem guranteed.

5. Thestrugglez

Thestrugglez 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Based on your sentence structure, I'm assuming that English is not your first language. Therefore, the best way to get a good score is to score absurdly high on Chem/Bio to raise your overall score.

Use Dr Collins and study a little everyday for next 2 and a half months. If you want more advice, there are several threads that give advice on how to improve your score on different sections.

6. qreigna1

qreigna1

[QUOTE.
    ="Thestrugglez, post: 15842952, member: 628946"]Based on your sentence structure, I'm assuming that English is not your first language. Therefore, the best way to get a good score is to score absurdly high on Chem/Bio to raise your overall score.

Use Dr Collins and study a little everyday for next 2 and a half months. If you want more advice, there are several threads that give advice on how to improve your score on different sections.[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha actually english is my first language I was so desperate in finding help and freaking out that I didnt score good on my first attempt! I was so disappointed but blame my grammatical error on auto correct I swear I can speak and write English very well lol

7. qreigna1

qreigna1

E="Iihyeonii, post: 15842916, member: 513409"]Try Dr.collins... study for an hour a day. 99 on chem guranteed.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks a lot! I got pearson and kaplan at the moment and still looking to purchase dr. Collins. .any help?

8. qreigna1

qreigna1

Trust me I will do more than try I hate failing but im still looking to buy the recent update for dr. Collins. Any help on how I can purchase it?

9. Sugoi Travis

Sugoi Travis 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Pretty much this. When I was studying, I basically phased out VA and RC completely and just studied chem, bio and QA.

10. Iihyeonii

Iihyeonii 2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Forget about va and rc..schools dont care.. just get above 90 for chem bio and math. You will acceptance in every where.

11. qreigna1

qreigna1

="Iihyeonii, post: 15845873, member: 513409"]Forget about va and rc..schools dont care.. just get above 90 for chem bio and math. You will acceptance in every where.[/QUOTE]
    Ok thank you! For someone with bachelor's in chemistry the exam made me feel like I didn't know my chem anymore because of the timing and pressure! Smh well this time I know where to channel most of my studying on. (Btw my bio and math are above average) gotta work on that verbal and chem.

12. qreigna1

qreigna1

TE="Sugoi Travis, post: 15845773, member: 477819"]Pretty much this. When I was studying, I basically phased out VA and RC completely and just studied chem, bio and QA.[/QUOTE]
    Alright thanks. I will remember that while I'm studying.

About the ads