I know I can Succeed with the Help of Jesus Christ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlorytoGod12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am posting this message because I have realized that there are no posts on SDN about how Jesus Christ can help you attain your goals, no matter what the obstacle may be. I feel that it is very important to remember that God is in control, and he has a plan for everyone. I have found this to be evident in my own life. I spent the majority of my undergraduate career not focusing on my goal of one day becoming a physician. As a result I did not obtain the GPA that I wanted for medical school, and I received a very poor score on my MCAT. I decided after graduation that it was time to just completely put my trust in Him, for all things are possible through Jesus.

I knew that I would have to improve my MCAT score drastically in order to be considered for Medical School. So I spent the past summer studying for the MCAT, while praying to the Lord for improvement. While prayer is important, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't work hard. For those of you out there looking to score well on the MCAT make sure to devote the time and energy to really understand the concepts for the exam. Work hard and practice many questions to put yourself in the best position possible to score well. Then, once you have done your part, leave the rest to Jesus Christ.

In my case, initially I wasn't scoring well on the practice tests but I gradually improved. I worked hard for two months, studying and praying for improvement, and I slowly realized I was getting better at taking the exam. In the days leading up to the test, I was nervous, but I quelled my fears because I knew God was in charge. I put my faith in God and took the exam. I am happy to say that God has blessed me with a score of 509 on that exam. On the first MCAT I took I did absolutely terrible, scoring in the low 20s. This is a complete turnaround, and all I can do is thank God for his mercy. A 509 is higher than any score I received on all of my practice tests, so those of you who think that you can't do well on the actual exam solely based on your practice tests, trust in God! Nothing is impossible with Him. I am so happy for this blessing in my life. Although a 509 may not be the most amazing, incredible score, I know that this is the score God has provided me with and that he will use it to get me into Medical School. I know that he has a plan for me. Do your part to work hard and put your faith in God, and everything else will fall into place by the glory of Jesus Christ. I ask that you all continue to pray for me as I will be applying to Medical Schools soon. Thank you all for taking the time to read my story.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 23 users

Alternatively

original

Reactions: 34 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am posting this message because I have realized that there are no posts on SDN about how Jesus Christ can help you attain your goals, no matter what the obstacle may be. I feel that it is very important to remember that God is in control, and he has a plan for everyone. I have found this to be evident in my own life. I spent the majority of my undergraduate career not focusing on my goal of one day becoming a physician. As a result I did not obtain the GPA that I wanted for medical school, and I received a very poor score on my MCAT. I decided after graduation that it was time to just completely put my trust in Him, for all things are possible through Jesus.

I knew that I would have to improve my MCAT score drastically in order to be considered for Medical School. So I spent the past summer studying for the MCAT, while praying to the Lord for improvement. While prayer is important, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't work hard. For those of you out there looking to score well on the MCAT make sure to devote the time and energy to really understand the concepts for the exam. Work hard and practice many questions to put yourself in the best position possible to score well. Then, once you have done your part, leave the rest to Jesus Christ.

In my case, initially I wasn't scoring well on the practice tests but I gradually improved. I worked hard for two months, studying and praying for improvement, and I slowly realized I was getting better at taking the exam. In the days leading up to the test, I was nervous, but I quelled my fears because I knew God was in charge. I put my faith in God and took the exam. I am happy to say that God has blessed me with a score of 509 on that exam. On the first MCAT I took I did absolutely terrible, scoring in the low 20s. This is a complete turnaround, and all I can do is thank God for his mercy. A 509 is higher than any score I received on all of my practice tests, so those of you who think that you can't do well on the actual exam solely based on your practice tests, trust in God! Nothing is impossible with Him. I am so happy for this blessing in my life. Although a 509 may not be the most amazing, incredible score, I know that this is the score God has provided me with and that he will use it to get me into Medical School. I know that he has a plan for me. Do your part to work hard and put your faith in God, and everything else will fall into place by the glory of Jesus Christ. I ask that you all continue to pray for me as I will be applying to Medical Schools soon. Thank you all for taking the time to read my story.

But in all seriousness, I'm glad things are falling into place for OP. But I noticed you said you were applying to medical schools "soon". Have you not submitted the primary application at this point in time? Or are you planning to apply next cycle?

Am I a dingus if I say that I did fine on the MCAT and Jesus never showed up?

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 users
Trust in Satan, friend.

All hail the dark lord. Serveth and thou shall receiveth.

Come to the dark side.

Reactions: 12 users
"I came to realize that all the time I was praying to God, asking for God to do something, God was waiting on me."

Let this Oprah quote sink in, OP. God may have inspired you, but you alone are responsible for your actions. Give yourself some credit.

Reactions: 10 users
You might be a good candidate for LUCOM!

Reactions: 16 users
Medicine is evident based ... Would you like your physicians to trust in prayers to help you get better?

Praise Jesus! I got the same score, although it was my first MCAT, and it was only because I surrendered fully to God in prayer and reading his Word. I was doing horrible on practice tests lol People may be skeptical if they want. There are those who were always going to make the choice to believe and never make the choice to believe. But if you want to know unexplainable joy, peace, freedom, and love, get to know Jesus.

Not responding to any flames :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Praise Jesus! I got the same score, although it was my first MCAT, and it was only because I surrendered fully to God in prayer and reading his Word. I was doing horrible on practice tests lol People may be skeptical if they want. There are those who were always going to make the choice to believe and never make the choice to believe. But if you want to know unexplainable joy, peace, freedom, and love, get to know Jesus.

And then God took his shirt off and exposed his big white, cosmic abs, and I was so turned on.

Last edited:
Medicine is evident based ... Would you like your physicians to trust in prayers to help you get better?

To be fair, I have worked with a lot of doctors and seen many offices across the country, and religion plays a much larger role in the doctor patient interaction than you may believe.

Reactions: 7 users
To be fair, I have worked with a lot of doctors and seen many offices across the country, and religion plays a much larger role in the doctor patient interaction than you may believe.
This is true. In times of sickness many turn to cosmic mythology as a last resort.

Reactions: 5 users
God has worked in me every single day this summer studying for this exam. I write on the 12th. Please pray for me also and God bless you all in Jesus name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It's not so much that you can't, but more that if you are seeing him, you should probably have your meds adjusted.
I'm from the south; I had religion shoved down my throat until I turned 18.

In my high school they allowed a youth minister to come into class and proselytize to students.

I had science teachers who would give a disclaimer to the effect of, "I don't believe in this, but I have to teach it because it is part of the curriculum."

My family used to cry for my "soul."

Finally, I graduated HS, and you can see where I live now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I'm from the south; I had religious crap shoved down my throat until I turned 18.

In my high school they allowed a youth minister to come into class and proselytize to students.

I had science teachers who would give a disclaimer to the effect of, "I don't believe in this, but I have to teach it because it is part of the curriculum."

I'm actually quite religious myself, but not very fond of people that view God as a miracle and money vending machine (prosperity preaching is the root of much that is wrong with Christianity today), nor do I particularly care for those that don't allow others to be content with their beliefs.
xWQ3XEZ.jpg

Reactions: 43 users

OP, I'm not sure that Jesus Christ was your best choice for increasing your MCAT score. I am a devout follower of Lord Xenu and he has blessed me with a 527 MCAT. I have also heard that following the Buddha's teachings has led to MCAT scores of 515+. Apparently his words about inner peace really helps you on the CARS section.

For some reason I just started laughing and spit my water all over :(

Sorry this is too hilarious for my neck beard to handle

I'm surprised no one has turned to His Noodly Goodness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster

In case you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.venganza.org/

Reactions: 6 users
In the words of the great Mega Reverend John Oliver, praise be!

I understand what you mean, but most Christians are not the type to rely solely on prayer (that's more "Christian Science" and Jehovah's Witness type stuff).

That said, physicians have prayed with my family prior to major surgeries before, and it was appreciated at least.

Reactions: 1 users
God helped me get into medical school... but you know what really helped?

#NANOBUBBLES.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm from the south; I had religious crap shoved down my throat until I turned 18.

Well, religion and prayer are still great sources of- strength, comfort, peace, or what have you for those that do believe.

If it eases anxiety, makes you happier, whatever, to believe in a higher power, I say more power to you.

Provided you aren't harming anyone with it. And that isn't the impression I get from the OP, just more a source of strength kind of thing. I don't think it needs to be belittled.

I understand the temptation, however, when you have a bad experience with religion.

I am utterly disappointed in the unprofessionalism and immaturity of my fellow SDNers. This will most likely be taken down, but I congratulate you on your success so far accompanied by your beliefs. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 11 users
I am utterly disappointed in the unprofessionalism and immaturity of my fellow SDNers. This will most likely be taken down, but I congratulate you on your success so far accompanied by your beliefs. Best of luck to you.
lol

Well, this is pretty troll.

It looks more to me like individuals replying to nonsense with shenanigans, depending on your beliefs. I love shenanigans.

It looks more to me like individuals replying to nonsense with shenanigans, depending on your beliefs. I love shenanigans.
Nonsense shouldn't be fed with more nonsense, and we should try to minimize any offensive statements to maintain professionalism. No one has to appreciate this post, but do not try to offend OP. Just leave it alone if you have nothing nice or productive to say.

Reactions: 4 users
To be fair to the OP, religion is huge in the patient-doctor relation.
It helps the healing process, because a large part of healing is positive attitude. If your patient stays happy by praying, and singing the gospel, etc you should encourage it.
I witnessed this first hand in the hospital environment; Pastoral care is very very important. It's basically an essential for hospitals..

Also before anyone dismisses OP as silly; Ben Carson himself stated that in his most complex surgery God took over him and performed the surgery for him.. God was guiding him..

Not religious, so I don't buy it. However it is sort of legitimate..

To be fair to the OP, religion is huge in the patient-doctor relation.
It helps the healing process, because a large part of healing is positive attitude. If your patient stays happy by praying, and singing the gospel, etc you should encourage it.
I witnessed this first hand in the hospital environment; Pastoral care is very very important. It's basically an essential for hospitals..

Also before anyone dismisses OP as silly; Ben Carson himself stated that in his most complex surgery God took over him and performed the surgery for him.. God was guiding him..

Not religious, so I don't buy it. However it is sort of legitimate..
I completely agree. Never push your religious believes on a patient, but do attempt to relate with him/her if you are of identical religious beliefs.

OP, I'm not sure that Jesus Christ was your best choice for increasing your MCAT score. I am a devout follower of Lord Xenu and he has blessed me with a 527 MCAT. I have also heard that following the Buddha's teachings has led to MCAT scores of 515+. Apparently his words about inner peace really helps you on the CARS section.
Dat technology...

I also made a huge improvement with the MCAT and scored what I wanted after a summer of academic labor. However, I never asked any supernatural deity for help. I even indulged in periodic heavy drink, frequent attempts to fornicate, and impulsive episodes of taking the lord's name in vain following practice verbal tests. Maybe I am simply #blessed.

I honestly don't mean to mock your religious convictions or Christianity. I am, however, advocating self-empowerment and reliance. Too many people do not confidently pursue their goals because they do not feel adequate in their own ability.

Just leave it alone if you have nothing nice or productive to say.

Nope, that's not how it works. Sorry, but posting dated, mythological beliefs on a pre-medical, internet forum in 2015 is going to receive criticism and for good reason. The reason is, is that it's 2015 and people are educated. I read posts like these just like anti-vaxerz and GMO nuts. Idiocy, mental illness, or willful ignorance.

That's alright though, religion will continue to die a slow death. The rate of such will ten-fold once medical innovations continue, sparing people even a most extreme reason to give Jesus a chance.

Let me be clear, I have been talking about religion here. Fictional works of humans - not the possibility of a greater thing or things. I am not an atheist.

Nonsense shouldn't be fed with more nonsense, and we should try to minimize any offensive statements to maintain professionalism. No one has to appreciate this post, but do not try to offend OP. Just leave it alone if you have nothing nice or productive to say.
Sounds like a very boring way to go about life, being all inoffensive and mostly harmless.

Anybody who wants to get into LUCOM: use this as your personal statement.

In 'shah Allah, kid.

Anybody who wants to get into LUCOM: use this as your personal statement.

This guy would fit in perfectly at LUCOM or CUSOM. Perfect.

This is reason why I strongly believe religion has no place in business, government, or in educational institutions. I got nothing against religion but in places where people are likely to have different beliefs, its better to keep it neutral.