I know it's an old subject... But what chance do I have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cheyenne17

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I am a Pre-Med major (But I'm planning on going to Vet School). I'm subbing in animal based anatomies and physiologies as well as other animal based electives whenever I can during my undergrad. I haven't taken the MCAT or GRE yet, but I usually do really well on standardized tests, and I have a 3.65 GPA. I have a bit of animal experience, but almost no vet experience because I switched to being a pre-vet from being an education major last semester. I'm an Ohio native, but I would like to go to an out of state school, especially UT or LSU. How's it looking so far? (I have two and a half years left of undergrad).
 
You need to get veterinary experience. For one thing, if you don't have the experience, how do you know this is what you want to do? You'll need a certain amount of hours of experience to be a competitive applicant, and vet schools do that for a reason: to make sure you know what you're getting into. Without the experience or GRE, basically all you've given us to comment on is your GPA. Improve it if you can. Check the individual schools you're interested in to see whether you make the cutoff and how you compare to last year's acceptances. If you want more specific feedback, try posting more details on the What are my chances? thread.