I know nothing, just call me Jon Snow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1goldtoof

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is on Monday.
Am I ready? Possibly.

I began studying about 2 and 1/2 months ago and I have been working through Destroyer and Bootcamp. These resources have been the absolute BEST (along with Chad's Videos of course) and I have followed Ari's study schedule!

My average Bootcamp scores are: BIO 25/GC 19/OC 19/RC 21/PAT 20/QR 16
QR is honestly what I am most worried about!!! How do I defeat this section?! I've been doing Math Destroyer but it seems like nothing is sticking. I am also growing concerned about GC and OC. I guess I am at the imminent "freak out" stage in my study cycle. It is crucial that I get a 20+ AA, and I am just afraid of seeing anything less on my score report.

I'm not quite sure what to do in my remaining days besides practice more. I have been reading through the DAT breakdowns on here and they are definitely giving me hope, but I still feel unprepared. :sick:
Should I watch Chad's again? Make lists of concepts? Like everyone on here, I just want to do well on the DAT and admire enamel for the rest of my life - so any advice/words of wisdom would definitely be appreciated! :bucktooth:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You got this!!!!! My gpa is more or less similar to yours, so i had to kill the dat as well. I feel how you are; you just wanna get it done with already!! Only few more days to go. Finish strong! My science practice scores were similar to yours (except bio i'd get 20-22s) , and i ended up scoring 2-4 points higher on the real one. Consider them with grain of salt, though, as they aren't the representative of the real deal. For RC I got 19-21, and 20 on the real one. Surely go over the mistakes / questions you missed and learn from them. PAT's level of difficulty was on par with BC pat test 1-5, but the real one is graded easier imo. Make sure to time your math section, too. Sucks how i ran outta time for math section.. had to guess few questions. Try a full length test for that 2009 version to see where you are. Go ace the test!

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Lol my gpa is pretty similar to you. The practice scores don't mean everything keep that in mind. Just focus on your weaknesses and maybe take a few more to keep your stamina up. Sometimes you get a false sense of confidence when you do well on practice exams (like I always do with math lmao). For math, if you just want an 18+ really focus on your speed. Feel free to send me any questions/ask for help whenever you'd like lol

Thank y'all so much for lifting my spirits! :angelic: I really feel like confidence is key at this point, I shall get my 20+ AA on Monday :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to do great. Go very very light review this week. It seems like you have to study everything and you might need a few more weeks but you know more than you think. Getting to the test well rested is paramount compared to studying taxonomy or acid base calculations one last time for the 50th time

You're going to do great. Go very very light review this week. It seems like you have to study everything and you might need a few more weeks but you know more than you think. Getting to the test well rested is paramount compared to studying taxonomy or acid base calculations one last time for the 50th time
Great advice!!! I love it..

Unfortunately, my biology questions were all over the place, and a handful of them I just straight up didn't know (I was really banking on a 23+ bio score :cyclops:). I ended up with a 19 AA, which will hopefully get me some interviews! If not, I shall retake the DAT and reapply next year! :bookworm:
Aww man, you did what you could! Don't give up hope yet. Your stats aren't so bad that it's impossible to get an interview. 19 is decent (don't let crazy SDNers make you think it's the same as a 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.