I made a web tool for people trying to Couples Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sublimesc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My buddy asked for some help creating all the possible combinations for his Couples Match rank list, and I had some free time to I made a web tool here: MactionTools

Some features: * Generate all possible program-pair combinations from individual rank lists * Sort based on average rank and distance between programs * Save results as Excel Spreadsheet * Submit personal rank lists individually (so you can be a little more candid in your ranking) and retrieve combined list after both have submitted

I have only taken up computer programming in the last couple of years, so this is definitely an amateur project. I love feedback and feature requests, so please feel free to leave them here or email me at [email protected]! Source code and help pages are available on the site.

Thanks so much to anyone who checks it out!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

My buddy asked for some help creating all the possible combinations for his Couples Match rank list, and I had some free time to I made a web tool here: MactionTools

Some features: * Generate all possible program-pair combinations from individual rank lists * Sort based on average rank and distance between programs * Save results as Excel Spreadsheet * Submit personal rank lists individually (so you can be a little more candid in your ranking) and retrieve combined list after both have submitted

I have only taken up computer programming in the last couple of years, so this is definitely an amateur project. I love feedback and feature requests, so please feel free to leave them here or email me at [email protected]! Source code and help pages are available on the site.

Thanks so much to anyone who checks it out!
Does it add the combinations with one person unmatched and the other one matched to the bottom of the list? Program code is all nines.

Does it add the combinations with one person unmatched and the other one matched to the bottom of the list? Program code is all nines.

It doesn't have a discrete option for unmatched pairs, but you can accomplish the same effect by just listing one of your programs as "Unmatched" or "No match" and giving it an arbitrarily low rank (like 99).

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I'm going to add that feature so you can check a box to have it create pairs with one person unmatched, hopefully have it updated tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Can it be sorted that the matches at the top are the programs together first? Cause it seems to do 1 program together then programs apart then programs together. Maybe a way to sort by distance instead of by rank number average?

Can it be sorted that the matches at the top are the programs together first? Cause it seems to do 1 program together then programs apart then programs together. Maybe a way to sort by distance instead of by rank number average?

Definitely. I'll add some sort options in an update soon. Thanks for the feedback, this way I can have it a little more polished by the time people are actually making their lists :)

In the mean time, you can download the list to Excel so you can play with it.

Hey man, just wanted to let you know I updated the site with the sitting options you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey, just wanted to let you know I updated the site to include the No Match rank feature you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!