I messed up. I need some advice. Urgent!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woahmanwoah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I dun' goofed and just checked today that the name that is registered to my AAMC account does not match the one on my driver license (first name). I accidentally put my nickname instead of my full name. Sadly, my MCAT is tomorrow and I feel stupid that I didn't notice that till now. I called up AAMC and they said that the only thing I can do now is to postpone and register for the january exam and there is nothing I can do about it. My question is that even if I got in and took the test tomorrow, would I be able to change my name on the account and AAMC after I take the test?

Members don't see this ad.

lol na. They wont even let you in. Just reschedule. You'll waste time and energy going to the prometric center tomorrow.
But to my knowledge if, by some miracle, you were able to convince them to let you test tomorrow, changing the name afterwards MIGHT help. But it also might just confuse everything leaving you with no test attached to your name and $240 down the drain.

if u go and they don't let you in, call it a sign. Maybe you will kick ass on the MCAT in january!

if u go and they don't let you in, call it a sign. Maybe you will kick ass on the MCAT in january!

Yea that's what I'm hoping for. It sucks because I studied pretty hard for these 3 months and I gotta review that again in a couple of months. But hey, no writing section!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep studying, don't take 2 months off. You need to keep everything fresh in your mind. It sucks but on the bright side the MCAT should be a breeze by January.

Keep studying, don't take 2 months off. You need to keep everything fresh in your mind. It sucks but on the bright side the MCAT should be a breeze by January.

Yea I should probably still practice verbal and keep reviewing physics and bio. I still have buttloads of passages in the tbr books and half of ek101 left.