I might be getting into deep trouble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bevoXIV

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is scheduled for July 5, which means I have about 10 days left. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to motivate myself to do much studying. I'm on my first run over First Aid and I've only gone through less than 100 pages of material. I've done about 20% of UW Qbank and I'm scoring about 60% cumulative so far. The school year begins on July 6th, so if I push the exam back, I'll have to take it on a weekend during my rotations and try to squeeze some studying in. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't. I feel like I wanna cry, but I can't, nothing ever comes out. In fact, I've felt that way for the past month.

SSRI's? :thumbup:

No. In all seriousness, get your act together. You have to take a serious evaluation of your performance at this moment. NBME's are the way to go. But you should do it with the best of attitudes. If you actually don't do that well (less than 200 which might be borderline), consider talking to your dean. If not, stop spending time in SDN and get to studying! Now!

holy crap dude ... 5 days left and still not been studyin much? must be a smart cookie or a big time TROLL!

I have 10 days left and I plan on cramming like crazy. I just don't know if I should move the test back.

I have 10 days left and I plan on cramming like crazy. I just don't know if I should move the test back.

Seriously?

I'm assuming you are serious, so my answer is that it depends on what your goal is. If you're aiming for a 230 or higher, you should push back the exam and try to push back your first rotation as well.

If your goal is just to pass and you're still around 60%, take an NBME exam ASAP (tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest) and see how you score. If you can already pass one, ten days of cramming will probably be enough.

As other people have said, an NBME would be a good idea of how you're doing. If you're not at your current goal, ten days of cramming might not be enough time, and unless you have Family Medicine clinic first I'm not sure how you're going to manage studying through a clerkship. If you push back the exam, you should talk to your dean about postponing your first clerkship as well so that you have time to study.

Seriously?

I'm assuming you are serious, so my answer is that it depends on what your goal is. If you're aiming for a 230 or higher, you should push back the exam and try to push back your first rotation as well.

If your goal is just to pass and you're still around 60%, take an NBME exam ASAP (tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest) and see how you score. If you can already pass one, ten days of cramming will probably be enough.

As other people have said, an NBME would be a good idea of how you're doing. If you're not at your current goal, ten days of cramming might not be enough time, and unless you have Family Medicine clinic first I'm not sure how you're going to manage studying through a clerkship. If you push back the exam, you should talk to your dean about postponing your first clerkship as well so that you have time to study.

I have Psych first and I'm thinking I can fit in some regular studying for a week or two, on top of the 10 days of cramming. If I can't manage that, I might have to wait for winter break, but then I'll feel like I'm starting from scratch all over again.

I'm finishing with a UW self assessment right now. Will do a NBME tomorrow and perhaps talk to my dean about my options, although I haven't heard of students at my school being able to postpone a clerkship.