I must be missing something!

Started by rohirette
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rohirette

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am working my way through undergrad - I attend a program intended for working adults at a private 4 year university. They do not offer the hard science prereqs at night, and I am really struggling to find them (affordably) at other schools.

So I think to myself - I'll just finish up here as quickly as I can, and do a post bac year! I begin to look at Temple, Jefferson, and straight away notice that in order to even apply, a bachelor's is required.

This, of course, means that I cannot apply as a senior, graduate in May and immediately start the post bac. I would have to take a lag year in between (in which time I could do a DIY approach.)

It seems odd to me that I cannot go straight into a formal post bacc. I don't need it for grade repair - my GPA is high; I need it for the prereqs.

Jefferson is the only one that I actually spoke to confirming this. If anyone knows of any in the Northeast that do allow this, please, share.
 
I would assume the person at Jefferson who answered the phone didn't understand the question. There's no way these programs make you take a gap year. This is a semantics problem. A completed bachelors is a requirement for med school admission as well.

Call Goucher or Bryn Mawr - they have better staff.
 
Goucher and Bryn Mawr both allow current seniors to apply. I don't know about other programs but I assume it's the same way. Your question was probably misunderstood.