Sep 9, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I am working my way through undergrad - I attend a program intended for working adults at a private 4 year university. They do not offer the hard science prereqs at night, and I am really struggling to find them (affordably) at other schools.

So I think to myself - I'll just finish up here as quickly as I can, and do a post bac year! I begin to look at Temple, Jefferson, and straight away notice that in order to even apply, a bachelor's is required.

This, of course, means that I cannot apply as a senior, graduate in May and immediately start the post bac. I would have to take a lag year in between (in which time I could do a DIY approach.)

It seems odd to me that I cannot go straight into a formal post bacc. I don't need it for grade repair - my GPA is high; I need it for the prereqs.

Jefferson is the only one that I actually spoke to confirming this. If anyone knows of any in the Northeast that do allow this, please, share.

DrMidlife

has an opinion
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would assume the person at Jefferson who answered the phone didn't understand the question. There's no way these programs make you take a gap year. This is a semantics problem. A completed bachelors is a requirement for med school admission as well.

Call Goucher or Bryn Mawr - they have better staff.

Oct 5, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Goucher and Bryn Mawr both allow current seniors to apply. I don't know about other programs but I assume it's the same way. Your question was probably misunderstood.