I need advice first semester in college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laura lazo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Morning It's my first Semester in college, and I want to become a dentist.I'm not sure how to get there . My College offers pre-Dentistry wich is what I'm taking but my advisor asked me all this questions "Thank you, for your e-mail. What's your major? Which institution(s) do you plan on transferring to after Miami-Dade College?.. You will need to bring a print out of admissions requirements and program requirements: I dont even know what he's asking for help!:confused::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Seems a little pre-mature to panic when it is only your first semester in college. Have fun and study hard.

If I were to guess what your advisor wants, he is curious as to which dental programs you might be interested in going to after you finish your undergrad. Since different schools have slightly different requirements, he might just want to help you plan out your undergrad years to efficiently and successfully complete your pre-reqs.

Don't worry. As long as you're not failing all your classes, you'll be fine. Spend some time on these boards, you'll pick up all the information you need about applying (and more) just with a few hours of reading spread over however much time you want.

You've got over 3 years, there's no rush.

Members don't see this ad :)
As stated above, you've got plenty of time. Don't burn yourself out this early in the game, the real strenuous part is later in the experience. Spend some time reading on the site. Also, you could check out some dental school websites- some of them will have process or procedure sections explaining how things work. Another good reference might be the ADA or ADEA websites.

I'm just starting to. We just have to focus on getting A's and taking good notes. Right now I'm studying dental assisting so I can get a job in a dental office. You don't have to though but I need the money. I may start classes in jan or next fall. I'm freaked out about being like class of 2020 or 2021 but it will be worth it.