I need advice regarding my MCAT scores!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked my MCAT scores online and all I can do is sigh. I took it last year and got 7V 12P 12B O (total 31). My scores this year are 8V 11P 10B Q (total 29). I really thought I did better on the physics section than last year and what drives me nuts is that my total score went down. I am a biology major and I am worried that my low biology score will hurt me (beside from my not-so-good verbal score)? My cGPA is 3.89 and I've got tons of extracurricular activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Even though the total is less, I think your new score is MUCH better than your old one.

I tend to agree. The new scores are better because the VR is better. You don't want a 7 for VR. My advisor told me this week that our local med school highly values the VR score.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're applying in Canada, then I don't think any school cares about how high your bio score is once you reach a 9 (which you did)... You improved verbal and writing, which are considered more important.