I need advice regarding my MCAT scores!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kk, Oct 20, 2001.

1. kk

kk Junior Member

I just checked my MCAT scores online and all I can do is sigh. I took it last year and got 7V 12P 12B O (total 31). My scores this year are 8V 11P 10B Q (total 29). I really thought I did better on the physics section than last year and what drives me nuts is that my total score went down. I am a biology major and I am worried that my low biology score will hurt me (beside from my not-so-good verbal score)? My cGPA is 3.89 and I've got tons of extracurricular activities.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

Even though the total is less, I think your new score is MUCH better than your old one.

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    I tend to agree. The new scores are better because the VR is better. You don't want a 7 for VR. My advisor told me this week that our local med school highly values the VR score.

5. Resident Alien

Thank God im not in VA. :D

6. VC15

VC15 MS4

Medical Student
    If you're applying in Canada, then I don't think any school cares about how high your bio score is once you reach a 9 (which you did)... You improved verbal and writing, which are considered more important.