I need encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I know this might sound funny or I donno what, but I am the kind who needs to be encouraged a little bit here and there. I am studying for DAT which I am gonna take next month. Just want a little push and lifting words from you guys.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

:D You'll do great helix. Kick some DAT ass and tell all about it on SDN. See you in dental school next year!

helix said:
Hi guys...I know this might sound funny or I donno what, but I am the kind who needs to be encouraged a little bit here and there. I am studying for DAT which I am gonna take next month. Just want a little push and lifting words from you guys.
Thanks in advance!
Wow You are huge! (works for either m or f in US only)
Happy now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks niceteeth!!

helix said:
Thanks niceteeth!!

I was joking.
Seriously though, best of luck Helix!

helix said:
Thanks in advance!

Helix,

Calm down and just try to relax. You haven't taken the DAT as of yet, so there is nothing to worry about. You still have all the chances in the world to perform well. If I were you, I would make a study plan. For example, study bio today for 3 hours, then study chemistry tommorow for 3 hours, etc. I would study the information and just try to memorize it using mneumonics, flashcards, or repeatedly reading the text over and over again (whatever works best for you) etc. The last week or two prior to your DAT, I would do practice problems, take practice exams, do lots of PAT stuff. Make sure you take at least 1-2 full legnth exams prior to the real DAT. This will help you get accustomed to the test day so that when you get there you know the feeling and you know how well you can manage your time.

Best of Luck to you!!! Let us know how it goes!

My advice:

Always have balls to play a hand.

Even if you lose a big one, you can never cash in your chips and walk away.

You gotta have a sack to ante up, again.

helix said:
Thanks in advance!
Dude, you're screwed! If you're asking for encouragement on a web site, you're doomed to get 15's across. Good luck!

I really like this website and I feel I can talk to you guys and ask for help...so I did and thanks guys (except Kiluminati) for your help.
Some people just like putting people off :mad: At least I am not confident and say it out loud.

Dear helix:

I think you are quite brave to be posting on this site consider everyone here score 20's and above on the DAT, and they have trouble deciding between what schools to go.

For me, I didn't even browse here till I was done with my DAT's and realize that I scored high. I was to scared to browse here... feeling that people may add further doubts into this pursuit.

So, helix, great job for even posting. Let us know how you finally do on the DAT. Keep in mind that you want to have at least 19s and higher on every section, and you want to over study the PAT, that is the one section that most people choke on.

I hope to see more of your posts in the future.

listen helix... jus study... with a name like helix, u seem like a smart guy. its not such a tough test. i know u can do it. jus study hard. play hard... and in the end.. violate that son of a ---------------------------------

helix:

Is your name helix or is it double helix? Would you like to be called Beta sheets?

Just kidding.

Thanks guys! :)
I don't think I am working as hard as I should, but my determination will speed up.

Seriously, don't f'k up.

HAHAHA. J/k. :D Honestly, I wish you the best of luck. All that hard work will definitely pay off. :thumbup:

helix, we're all rooting for ya! :D :clap:

the anticipation was the worst for me, and yeah, i got stuck in an awful rut right before the big day. It can be really hard to stay motivated, but hang in there. Just keep the brochure of that dream school of yours in front of you while you study, and it'll dig up that second wind in you...

best wishes, and may that day be quick and painless!

Sincerely, Sujain ;)

helix said:
Thanks guys! :)
I don't think I am working as hard as I should, but my determination will speed up.

When I was studying for the DAT I also felt like I wasn't working hard enough and I found myself doing EVERYTHING else BUT studying. It was hard to concentrate, stay on focus and I didn't have much confidence. I didn't pay much attention to the PAT portion which hurt my scores. I also felt awful about gen chem since it had been almost 2 yrs. since I had seen any of it and when I started looking at it again, it all looked greek!! :eek:
I also posted and PM'ed a few people who gave me confidence and encouragment. Believe me when I tell you this: if I can do it, you certainly can as well!! Just know that you HAVE to work very hard now and once you are done taking it, then you can "cruise" and feel confident for dental school admission. It's a tough road, but worth taking. Good luck!

jk5177 said:
Dear helix:

I think you are quite brave to be posting on this site consider everyone here score 20's and above on the DAT, and they have trouble deciding between what schools to go.

For me, I didn't even browse here till I was done with my DAT's and realize that I scored high. I was to scared to browse here... feeling that people may add further doubts into this pursuit.

So, helix, great job for even posting. Let us know how you finally do on the DAT. Keep in mind that you want to have at least 19s and higher on every section, and you want to over study the PAT, that is the one section that most people choke on.

I hope to see more of your posts in the future.
Yes, he is a very brave soul.