I need serious opnion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvuni23

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eversince I was a kid, I was dreaming to become a doctor..here is problem...my english is not soo good..it's my secone language.. so my frehment year in college GPA was pretty low...now i am a sophmore and I stuided english over summer..and I think i got better...but since my past GPA was realy low..inbtw 2.0 -2.5 (eeek)....do I still have hope? oh of course I will study harder now on to move GPA up to 3.5...but when I try to get in to med school...would school will turm me down for my few bad grades?
please, give me your honest opnion!

Members don't see this ad.

No, the schools won't turn you down simply for a few bad grades, but you will need to work hard to raise your GPA up. An upward grade trend will do wonders for your application. I suspect that schools will also require you to take the TOEFL exam (which tests your English language abilities).

By the way, if you are considering medical school, you'll want to visit the Pre-medical forum. If you are considering dentistry, then this forum (Pre-dental) is the right place for you! Welcome to SDN!