• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

I need some advice!

Hi,

I would like to ask some questions bc I'm not sure if this is the right path for me.

Here is the situation. I graduated in 2014 from a public university and even though my gpa is 3.1, I do not feel it will be competitive enough to go to Dental School. According to AADSAS, my GPA is 2.85.

I thought about doing a post bacc but they only have fall admissions and I would have to wait another year, a year I do not want to wait because I'll be 29 years old by then and the sooner I do this the better.

I didn't have a good experience in the public university I attended to so I was looking for a smaller private university to complete my pre dental curriculum.

Is attending a small private university a good idea? or bad idea? I would have to move somewhere else because the only option I have close to my house is the public university I went to.

I already talked to the director of admissions from a small private university and he said I can do a second bachelor's degree in Biomedical sciences or just take the pre reqs and apply to dental school.

I feel like completing the second bachelor's will give me a better chance to demonstrate adcoms that I was able to improve myself academically. Am I wrong? the director of admissions said he transferred 53 credits to the biomedical bachelor's degree so it would take me around 2 years to finish it.

Is pursuing a second bachelor's a good idea? or just taking the pre reqs will be enough? I haven't taken any science classes so it would be my first time taking them.

This is the last chance I have to do this and I do not want to take the wrong decision.

thanks and sorry for the long post.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.