Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I need some expert advice here

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by drtroy, May 1, 2007.

1. drtroy

Pre-Medical
    Ok where to start, I am 31 years old, just finished my first semester of college in 12 years. When I was in school in 94-95 my only cares back then unfortunately were partying in which I paid dearly by failing out. Now 12 years later after my first semester back my grades are: psychology (A), History (A), Computer science (A), and Biology I (B+). Here is my point, I really wanted to make an A in bio but fell a little short and I know that medical schools look at science gpa sepreately, so am I screwed now? I mean I was hoping for an A average throughout. Will medical schools look at this as bad?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. helpfuldoc2b

helpfuldoc2b Banned
    Banned

Nope, you are screwed, start looking for a new career, otherwise you would be 60 before your first year acceptance. But no seriously, you are 31 and acting like an 18 year old pre-med student, grow up with questions like these, i hope you are kidding with the question too. You should be too mature for such questions. If you ARE serious, then NO your not screwed, focus on finishing you pre-med reqs, kill the MCAT and stop worrying about trivial stuff!

4. FixLittlePeople

FixLittlePeople Admitted Pharmacy Student

Pre-Pharmacy
    AMEN! It's the complete package, not a single grade will decide whether you get into a med school. Good luck!