I need sound advice

justme1264

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you all ahead of time for the help.

I was recently called on my cell by a nurse at the hospital i stayed at last year for medical care. This nurse had nothing to do with my care except for the fact he is employeed there. The reason for his call was to hurt me emotionally and seek revenge on my wife who is also a nurse at this hospital. They had been having an affair and my wife and I were working on our marriage but have since been going through a divorce. His phone call caused serious damage. The reason I am concerned is this nurse she had an affair with continues to cause us harm individually. The fact is I do not know what is going on as I only have halve truths. What I would like to know is if there is a patient rights breach if this nurse accessed my patient records in order to obtain my private cell using his employee access? I would imagine there would be some sort of trace if he infact accessed my records. Also, can filing a report to patient relations have a negative affect on wife's career? I do not want to harm her in any way. My goal is not for some sort of revenge against him for the affair, to be clear. It is to protect myself and my records from further harm from him. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, anything is possible. But the facts do not lean that way. She had been trying to keep both us of a secret from one another. Her giving him my number would harm her and she is very much about protecting herself. The real possibility is he took my number off her phone while they were having an affair. But, my wife always has her phone locked. It is more likely he obtained my number some other way. The only two ways I see logical are through my patient record (he would have access since he is a medical professional at the hospital) or by some sort of background search. However, I am fluent in conducting background searches and my personal cell number is nearly untraceable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is another reason I have my concern... My wife, while giving me the half truth of their affair, mentioned how he had a disciplinary action against him for accessing a patient's records whom was not his patient for personal reasons. When she found out he called me she was physically shocked and immediately wanted to know how he obtained my information. My wife is a very good liar but her reaction was involuntary and told most of what I needed to know. This individual seems to think harassing me is some sort of game and I intend to put an end to it. I am merely trying to move on with my life and protect myself to the best of my ability from both him and my wife. The fact is I do not know what either one of them are capable of. I do know they are at each other's throat at their place of work and have been causing a lot of problems for each other - that is their deal. The evidence shows he is using me to harm her and it is nothing personal. Regardless, I am not one to be messed with and am looking for sound advice on patient record rights. If you happen to know any laws or possible breach of patient rights please advise. I intend to go to the hospital's patient relations department soon and want to be as prepared as possible.

I think youre massively overreacting here.

She gave him your number

OR

He took it from her phone at some point--even those phones set up to have a passcode sometimes do not lock themselves automatically.

Yes I may be over reacting and that is a fair statement considering I am in the early stages of handling the betrayal of an affair. I would be naive to not acknowledge this real possibility.

I can't seem to shake this inner gut feeling though he accessed my records.

Yes I may be over reacting and that is a fair statement considering I am in the early stages of handling the betrayal of an affair. I would be naive to not acknowledge this real possibility.

I can't seem to shake this inner gut feeling though he accessed my records.

If this nurse accessed your personal records, it is a serious violation and needs to be addressed.

I would contact the nurse's supervisor to voice your concerns. Although this may be embarrassing to you and your wife, as long as you both acknowledge the affair, this breach of patient privacy should be explored. If digital records are used, it may be relatively easy to see if this nurse accessed your information.

Document everything you do concerning this matter. At the very least, it will set your mind at ease.

I don't think finding out how he got your number will help your relationship with your wife/future ex-wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your reply. It wont help my marriage. The fact is nothing at this point will unless my wife wants to help it. It is dead in the water and there is nothing I can do but let go.

everyone at her work knows about the affair - at least I have reason to believe such. I will be contacting patient relations and voicing my concern. I will be sure to be honest and upfront. It is scary to do because I honestly dont know what impact this will have on my wife and I do not want to hurt her despite everything she has put me through.

Good lord, don't ask for about this type of stuff on an internet forum - lawyer up. Every single thing you say in a public forum can potentially be held against you if this goes legal.

Reactions: 1 users
Good lord, don't ask for about this type of stuff on an internet forum - lawyer up. Every single thing you say in a public forum can potentially be held against you if this goes legal.
+1. On that note, I should destroy this account, but I'm too vain and like some of my posts/threads.

-------
OP, I did get the vibe even before WTF's post that some of your questions were asking for legal advice. Probably consult with your divorce attorney (I assume you have one and have done all the things people do in the process). If your lawyer agrees, follow your lead with patient relations to see if there's a log of him accessing your cell #.

Reactions: 1 users
+1. On that note, I should destroy this account, but I'm too vain and like some of my posts/threads.

-------
OP, I did get the vibe even before WTF's post that some of your questions were asking for legal advice. Probably consult with your divorce attorney (I assume you have one and have done all the things people do in the process). If your lawyer agrees, follow your lead with patient relations to see if there's a log of him accessing your cell #.

Yeah if wolfenstein walks into an interview, the employer is gonna know what he posted on SDN.

Anyone notice how he uses "my wife" instead of ex 0r soon to be. He clearly is not ready for the marriage to be over. Although he tells himself he is. If someone wants to get your cell, it is not that hard. He probably did not violate rules to get it. We all know that things can be traced easily. Do not think he did not research you well before he started banging your wife. Especially since he is lower of the medical ladder than you.

I think you just want to get at him the best way you know how by using this to get him fired. Man up and handle your business. I would kick his ass......especially since he KNEW you were married to her. It is not like he was unaware of her being married and probably already knew you. That is like slapping you in the face twice.

OP -- update? Did you contact patient relations? Hope things are going better for you.