PMR 4 MSK

Large Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
All the students and residents post when they finally get scores or match, etc.

I just wanted to join the fun and say I just got the results of my MOC exam from last month and I passed! YAY! I figured I had, but when you are waiting 6 weeks and then waiting for the web pages to load to give your your results, you can start to make yourself quite anxious. At least I did for a few seconds... :D

Now I just gotta get another 30 - 40 CMEs and finish my PIP online in the next couple months.

Just for those of you who may be coming up on your MOC exam - the online SAEs were absolutely invaluable for studying for the test. Plus they count for a large number of CMEs toward the 300 you need.

:)

SSdoc33

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
yeah, so maybe someone out there can give me some help here. it seems that everyfew months the requirements for CME / MOC change. i have no idea how many credits i need, how many "category 1 credits", something about "risk management credits", yada yada yada. i do know there is a maintenance of certification exam every 10 years, i think. clear info would help

this is about as clear as mud to me.

btw, mazel tov pmr4msk, and sorry to threadjack

dc2md

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Chicago(ish)land
Status
Attending Physician
yeah, so maybe someone out there can give me some help here. it seems that everyfew months the requirements for CME / MOC change. i have no idea how many credits i need, how many "category 1 credits", something about "risk management credits", yada yada yada. i do know there is a maintenance of certification exam every 10 years, i think. clear info would help

Hopefully this web page from the Academy makes it a little more clear than mud.

http://me.e-aapmr.org/MOC.aspx

PMR 4 MSK

Large Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2007
Status
Attending Physician

The academy will periodically send you links to see where you are. Generally, it's 300 CMEs over 10 years, 1 practice improvement project, the MOC exam and 4 SAEs.

For those certifying or re-certifying 2012 and later, they are adding more. :thumbdown:

lobelsteve

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status
Attending Physician
Well as long as they grandfathered themselves from having to do this....

axm397

SDN Moderator
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
texas
Status
Attending Physician
Well as long as they grandfathered themselves from having to do this....
"They" do not equal "Academy (AAPM&R)". The ABPM&R decides board certification requirements, the AAPM&R has educational products that try to help you fulfill those requirements. (i.e. study guides, online courses, etc.)

dc2md

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Chicago(ish)land
Status
Attending Physician
"They" do not equal "Academy (AAPM&R)". The ABPM&R decides board certification requirements, the AAPM&R has educational products that try to help you fulfill those requirements. (i.e. study guides, online courses, etc.)
And let me know if I'm wrong, but doesn't the AAPM&R have an easy system to document, and keep track of all your credit hours and other requirements?? Kind of like a central place to go to stay organized over each 10-year span.

PMR 4 MSK

Large Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
And let me know if I'm wrong, but doesn't the AAPM&R have an easy system to document, and keep track of all your credit hours and other requirements?? Kind of like a central place to go to stay organized over each 10-year span.
Yes.

And if you do them through AcadeME, they record them for you.

Aug 14, 2015
Status
Attending Physician
I am just starting to study for mine now. There are so many resources on academe website but they are expensive and I don't want to buy materials I don't need. Did you use the question bank? Did you use any of the review course modules? Did you do all the SAEs or some in particular? Did you use a book?
Thanks for your help