I think I am screwed! Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brazil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I screwed up this semester by dropping both Organic Chemistry II and Microbiology. These classes were challenging, but it was completely my fault for slacking off big time when I could have easily made at least a B in each of those classes. I will re-take these classes again and try to get an A next year. These are the only W's I have in my entire college career, but I am worried that this will significantly hurt my chances of getting into dental school. What do you guys think? Anyone that has been through this, or know how the Texas schools would react to this, please let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

Some info: oGPA: 3.75, sciGPA:3.55, DAT:N/A, EC: Good amount, Shadowing: 100 hrs.
I plan on applying to Texas dental schools for the class of 2019.

And I will never ever take another W again!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think I screwed up this semester by dropping both Organic Chemistry II and Microbiology. These classes were challenging, but it was completely my fault for slacking off big time when I could have easily made at least a B in each of those classes. I will re-take these classes again and try to get an A next year. These are the only W's I have in my entire college career, but I am worried that this will significantly hurt my chances of getting into dental school. What do you guys think? Anyone that has been through this, or know how the Texas schools would react to this, please let me know what you think!

Thanks!!

Some info: oGPA: 3.75, sciGPA:3.55, DAT:N/A, EC: Good amount, Shadowing: 100 hrs.

You're fine. Just don't drop those classes again or it will be a big red flag. Stop worrying so much. Other people are in much worser predicaments than you. Good luck!

I will second (third?) the "you're fine" comment. I dropped orgo II when I was only taking 3 total classes --- I was afraid the super light course load would look bad. Never even came up at my interviews although I was prepared to explain (working full time, had a hard time understanding the professor despite going to his office hours so dropped it, re-enrolled next semester and got a whopping B+... didn't get asked about it at ALL). Just be prepared to explain why you withdrew from classes in case it DOES come up at interviews.

Thanks!!

lol you're OK my friend.