I think people should not advertise Destroyer here anymore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkk1031

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Judging from the past posts about the destroyer, it seems like Nancy and Dr. Romana ask their students to write good things about the destroyer here in SDN. They may have indeed gotten great help, but it is getting annoying to see them taking over the board with full of ads. Ok, we got your message, so please stop. btw, I got 23/22/25 w/o the destroyer.

-Brian

Members don't see this ad.

Has it ever crossed your mind that . . .

Numerous posts are on the same topic because this is a pre-dental forum and there is only so much to talk/discuss/ask about?

Or that new people join and post on topics that have already been discussed?

For example, there are numerous posts on "DAT Destroyer, Do I have a shot, I am anxious about the DAT, What's up with so and so school". . . ect. All of these threads are a regurgitation of what's previously been discussed numerous times already. And that's ok . . . People come on this forum for advice, to vent and or just because they like chat boards. Nothing wrong with that.

So yes, there are a lot of postings about DAT Destroyer. But there are also repeat posts on every other topic as well. Who cares!

BTW, I bought DAT Destroyer and no one ever asked me to give a good review of it on this forum. I only respond to people's questions about it if they ask. And if I were selfish, I wouldn't give good feedback because everyone is "competition" so to speak. But I give honest feedback because I'm trying to be nice.

And you're right, you don't have to buy study guides to do well on the DAT. Some people don't study at all or study on their own and do just fine. But others find study guides/other materials to be very helpful. So do what's best for you, and don't let it bother you if someone else inquires about something because they actually need the help!

Also, your post (well meaning as you may have meant it to be) is somewhat inflamatory. You've written 2 posts and joined in Feb. There are a lot of really nice/upstanding individuals who have hundreds if not thousands of posts, and they have given their honest feedback to help others. To accuse those people of "advertising" when you don't even know them, is kind of offensive.

This isn't a place for advertisement. See the big banner above covering the SDN logo? THAT's where you advertise.

Destroyer's getting unwaranted advertising that's making it seem ghetto. If you want to help Dr. Romano, let Romano do his own advertising. He's a competitant man. He can decide where he wants to advertise. Romano could simply contact Google for ad space. You're not his puppet. You don't need to advertise for him.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone produces some sort of substantive evidence that people are being paid off to recommend DAT Destroyer, we'll thoroughly investigate. Otherwise, SDN members are perfectly free to write about the success of their test preparation techniques, including testimonials about Kaplan, DAT Destroyer, or any other curriculum.

Judging from the past posts about the destroyer, it seems like Nancy and Dr. Romana ask their students to write good things about the destroyer here in SDN. They may have indeed gotten great help, but it is getting annoying to see them taking over the board with full of ads. Ok, we got your message, so please stop. btw, I got 23/22/25 w/o the destroyer.

-Brian
You would do a lot better if you used the DAT Destroyer

Columbia or UPenn Dental Medicine

I don't think it has anything to do with 'advertising'. Students are simply saying that they, in THEIR opinion, felt Dat Destroyer was the best study tool they used for their success. The same thing could be said about Kaplan, TopScore, etc. And they are...I've read numerous posts on these study aids as well. Does this make them all advertisements? No. The reason you see Dat Destroyer everywhere must be because it truly is a useful tool, and thus your going to get a lot of success stories about it. In my opinion, the more I hear about a product the more I believe it's worth my time. So I think ppl should be able to post about Destroyer as much as they want...its not taboo

What's probably going to end up happening is . . . people will choose not to offer their reviews.

That's why this thread has gotten so few replies. Everyone who posted positive reviews before, is tired of giving their opinion/defending themselves YET AGAIN.

If you're brilliant and don't need to utilize study guides, good for you! But what's the point of bashing those poor souls who - unlike you - actually need help and could benefit from from every useful tool they can get their hands on? I genuinely feel for those people who will back off from asking or posting honest opinions.

What's probably going to end up happening is . . . people will choose not to offer their reviews.

That's why this thread has gotten so few replies. Everyone who posted positive reviews before, is tired of giving their opinion/defending themselves YET AGAIN.

If you're brilliant and don't need to utilize study guides, good for you! But what's the point of bashing those poor souls who - unlike you - actually need help and could benefit from from every useful tool they can get their hands on? I genuinely feel for those people who will back off from asking or posting honest opinions.

I only take issue with the one line everybody seems to include..."I owe my left testicle to Dr. Romano and Nancy. The late night phone calls really helped me" [because the through explanations at the end of the sections didn't quite make it click for me.]

It's a good tool. Many students reported seeing several identical concepts on the real exam, so that leads me to believe Romano's surveying some students. But now the ADA rewrote the tests, so...

I take issue with everyone who has an issue with these threads. If you do not want to hear about the DAT destroyer, don't click on the link, and if you find yourself reading about it in a post, go to a different page. It really isn't that hard, but most people are too immature to just go about their way, they have to complain, whine like little children.

TURN YOUR EYES :) :D :smuggrin: :laugh:

I tried Destroyer and thought it was excessive and a waste of money.

Yes, that is my opinion all you Romano advertising groupies.

....and yes, I laugh everytime you come to his defense. :laugh:

This site is about helping others get good scores, get into school, and so on- Whatever you ended up using to study was probably "advertized" as you call it, in some location. I have mentioned the Destroyer, but it is only because it helped me. I also mentioned numerous other resources I used to study for the exam. Strange, but why did you not mention Kaplan... or other resources you used? There are a lot of us on this site that got 20's, and others that are striving for those scores. Nice scores, but poor post-

Members don't see this ad :)

-Brian

Congratulations for being a genius:rolleyes: As for myself, I needed to use Destroyer, Kaplan, Achiever, and Topscore...and yes, I think Destroyer was most helpful:laugh:

I take issue with everyone who has an issue with these threads. If you do not want to hear about the DAT destroyer, don't click on the link, and if you find yourself reading about it in a post, go to a different page. It really isn't that hard, but most people are too immature to just go about their way, they have to complain, whine like little children.

TURN YOUR EYES :) :D :smuggrin: :laugh:

If only it were that easy, my friend.

What's your solution to child prostitution in our country? ...Don't purchase? What would have been a better solution to the civil rights movement in the 60's?... Don't desire to sit in the front of the bus?

You confuse immaturity with a preference for passivity. You prefer the latter.

That's funny, I actually did trade my left testicle for the Destroyer...:laugh:

I am still baffled why this subject is always so heated. The Destroyer works for some people and not for others. It worked well for me but didn't work for KOM or Brian. They are entitled to their own opinion as I am to mine. I will always recommend the Destroyer and Dr. Romano because I had a great experience using the book and talking to Dr. Romano. I know a lot of people think Dr. Romano is some kind of money hungry monster preying on innocent predents, but he actually told me NOT to buy the book when I called to inquire about it. He also told a friend I referred to him NOT to buy the book until my friend felt he had a strong foundation in the sciences. Dr. Romano, from my personal experience, is an extremely caring educator that really wants you to succeed. AND I don't really see why he would pay for advertising when he has many satisfied customers who are more than willing to share their experience with others. My 2.5 cents.

I am still baffled why this subject is always so heated.

Me too...but funny at the same time.

I like playing the bad guy in these debates for some reason. I need to find something better to do at work. Like, maybe work...:laugh:

dentsd,
you confuse the importance of issues like child prostitution and the civil rights movement with someone supposedly advertising a DAT study material!

once again, the key is to think before speaking..... or typing.... :)

-Brian

There is a switch in ur brain that can shut it off for things u don't like to see or hear, and turn it back on when u find msgs more acceptable. U know... its that thing that makes u listen to Olbermann over O'reilly, or the other way around. People are free to write whatever they want to on things they found to be personally helpful. You seem like a total loser to be mad about these posts. U just took the DAT!!! Give some friggen advice, as opposed to monitering what study material can or cannot be talked about :mad:

Also, great DAT scores w/o Destroyer, but you stating ur scores and telling us what u didn't use is like Jared from Subway dissing the South Beach Diet. In the end the goal is the same. So, if u really cared for future DAT takers --> u would allow all types of study materials to be talked about in THE DAT FORUM! I don't know what ur expecting from this forum, but its common sense that it's going to be filled with people talking about their study aids. Either you should have better advice to offer, or go on over to the pre-dental forum & write stupid posts on ur delimma between choosing Harvard or Columbia.

dentsd,
you confuse the importance of issues like child prostitution and the civil rights movement with someone supposedly advertising a DAT study material!

Nah. You missed the parallelism. Thus, you missed my point. ...a crucial step in correcting a wrong is voicing it. Not to ignore it and say nothing.

once again, the key is to think before speaking..... or typing.... :)

Speak for yourself, Kiddo. :smuggrin:

Maybe the OP is pulling some reverse psychology advertising....MAYBE...he really likes the destroyer and he knew that opposing it the way he did would bring about a huge discussion with lots of people coming to defend the product because it worked for them. That's twisted and genius at the same time....wwhhooooaaaaa...

haha...in my opinion..you do what feels right...i heard the hype, while i was preparing for the DAT, about the destroyer, and i felt that if i didnt try it..i might regret it later on, so i dished out the cash, and it worked out well for me...but that's just me.