I thought plastic surgery was surgery based around literally plastic materials

Started by deleted1000960
Tags Tags
premed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1000960

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was talking to a plastic surgeon about being premed in 2020/COVID.

My d**bass thought plastic surgery was called "plastics" because the surgery was based around literal plastic materials, and never bothered to take 5 seconds to look it up.

Turns out its called "plastic surgery" as in RE-SCULPTING/MODELING, NOT PUTTING TUPPERWARE IN PEOPLE.

Needless to say the surgeon laughed at me and poked fun at me for the rest of the conversation. "Don't forget to shadow a radiologist as well! I hear they have excellent FM stations."

So that's been my embarrassing "shadowing" in the COVID era so far. How's yours going?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Makes me wonder how accurate this meme is:

b1b36c511a3f5e3815453e839f534604.jpg