I understand everyone is but want some insight into how to be a doctor ATTACHED to SF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoGhazidoc1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok question.

If one cannot be apart of SF as a green beret and a doctor than is there anyway to be attached to a unit as like a fort surgeon but as a army doctor. What qualifications do they have and how cool is there job?
Are other school an option MAYBE later on?
Do they deploy with their teams? As a doctor of course

Thabks

Members don't see this ad.

First off I was only told not to cross post the same question which I was unaware of and apologized for. I have no idea why people are being so rude when I post things. Not everyone but seriously some people. I did not see the fact that I could not post follow on questions . If there is a problem than someone can just let me know. God man I seriously have been really degraded here when I was just looking for some guidance I have been called a liar for no reason on a post. If that is grounds for being kicked off this forum than no problem but seriously not sure why all this negativity.

Members don't see this ad :)
First off I was only told not to cross post the same question which I was unaware of and apologized for. I have no idea why people are being so rude when I post things. Not everyone but seriously some people. I did not see the fact that I could not post follow on questions . If there is a problem than someone can just let me know. God man I seriously have been really degraded here when I was just looking for some guidance I have been called a liar for no reason on a post. If that is grounds for being kicked off this forum than no problem but seriously not sure why all this negativity.

Posting multiple threads essentially asking the same question is like the two year old poking you in the leg going "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom......"

I would recommend keeping it all in one thread and simply asking the new question there if you truly have a new question. If it's something that is totally different (eg You are asking about say...the military pay structure or something) then sure a new thread may be warranted.

If SDN hurts your feelings you should understand you aren't meant for SF

Reactions: 3 users
Search the forum for threads about GMO tours (mostly Navy pre-residency) or brigade surgeon tours (Army post residency).

That seems to be the closest real-life "thing" related to what you're looking for.

What you're finding here is our general bias against doctors who think they're at adventure summer camp. We generally perceive them to be indulging their whims and fantasies, with risk to patients, risk to their units, and risk to us (because they misrepresent our utility and purpose to the line). Hence our impatience with the whole line of questioning.

Reactions: 1 users
You could also consider joining the Army, working your @$$ off to get into SF, and then going to PA school. SF would love you for it, and you'll be right there with them, doing what they do.