I was an economics major in college and took a few of my economics classes P/NP. Are those counted as C's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcneRosaceaDermatitis

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
See the title for my question - are P/NP's in non-science classes counted as C's? It was all during COVID - Spring 2020 to Spring 2021.

I took ~6 econ upper divs P/NP but got A's and A- in intro economics, intermediate micro, and 1 upper division economics class.

I also took Orgo 2 P/NP but that was when COVID first hit in Spring 2020.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does it look bad that I took 6 classes P/NP or do they not care because it's not a science class?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody cares.
I should also mention that I withdrew from college in Fall 2018.

I got all A's, A- and one B+ in Spring, Summer and Fall 2019, but I'm worried that they'll see the P's as evidence that "I can't handle academics."

My cGPA is a 3.79 and my sGPA is anywhere between 3.5 - 3.66 (with all the pre-reqs I've taken so far), for further context.

I got all A's, A- and one B+ in Spring, Summer and Fall 2019, but I'm worried that they'll see the P's as evidence that "I can't handle academics."

My cGPA is a 3.79 and my sGPA is anywhere between 3.5 - 3.66 (with all the pre-reqs I've taken so far), for further context.
We still don't care about your P's.

Reactions: 1 users
is the reason y'all don't care because they were economics classes and not STEM?
I'm not sure why you are so concerned after being told multiple times it doesn't matter?

Idk why you decided to P/NP 6 classes, though I could likely imagine given the timeframe it was COVID related. But as long as the final GPA and MCAT are solid nobody is going to really think that hard about some econ course from 3-4 years ago that isn't reflected in your GPA.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Fs, Ds and Cs are what would signify that "you can't handle science classes".

Look, you had an entire thread where you were posting pretty much the same thing about worrying that you couldn't handle science classes, or that you suck at science or that you won't be able to handle medical school or people will think bad things about you blah blah blah.

What is it going to take to convince you that your academic performance is assign that you could handle a medical school curriculum???????

And if you don't want to listen to us, why are you posting here?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If med schools view Passes as C’s, then I finished the first two years of med school as a C student.

To reiterate, no one cares about your passes. They care about you sGPA and trend.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.