I wonder how many Program Directors are reading this post?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmsMD

Perpetual Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've realized recently that a good number of program directors, chairman and attendings must be reading this site. I mean they have every right.

They could probably get some good dirt on their program if they posted about it and asked if anyone had any experience with a particular program.

Or am I just being paranoid?

I don't mean to freak you guys out.

If they are, I know they are allowed to but it feels kind of like as if they wire tapped the call room.

If my program director is reading this....sorry sir!

Members don't see this ad.

Somehow your post fits with your avatar.

I've realized recently that a good number of program directors, chairman and attendings must be reading this site. I mean they have every right.

They could probably get some good dirt on their program if they posted about it and asked if anyone had any experience with a particular program.

Or am I just being paranoid?

I don't mean to freak you guys out.

If they are, I know they are allowed to but it feels kind of like as if they wire tapped the call room.

If my program director is reading this....sorry sir!

Tis true. And sometimes they ask (read = demand) that SDN remove unfavorable posts about their program. We ain't scared of them (well, maybe a little).

Speaking of access to the call room, our PD knew the code to the call room and would barge in at infrequent intervals...always good for a laugh if you were laying around when you were supposed to be working!:scared:

Tis true. And sometimes they ask (read = demand) that SDN remove unfavorable posts about their program. We ain't scared of them (well, maybe a little).

You must be kidding. So they are just as insecure as the folks that post here eh? They hide it well.

Several PD's are actually openly on the forums.

I realize that, I was commenting on the fact that they sometimes "ask (demand)" that posts critical of thier programs are removed.

You must be kidding. So they are just as insecure as the folks that post here eh? They hide it well.

Sure. They're afraid that others will get wind of what we're saying here and it will affect their program. Of course, if the info isn't true they want that removed as well, although we often have no way of verifying it.

Glad to know I'm not the only paranoid person out there.

In fact, I periodically browsed the forums here for years, but only became a member after I matched.

I still wonder, from time to time, whether my soon-to-be PD reads SDN, has figured out who I am, and will be laying the hammer down in June for some of my more irreverant posts.

Mine is here, actually. It doesn't bother me. I guess if I wanted to trash the place it would bother me, but I'm actually pretty happy. :)

Are you PD or resident? Thanks

This is ridiculous. People have the right to say whatever they want on a public forum, true or not. A PD has no right to ask that unfavorable posts be removed.

This is ridiculous. People have the right to say whatever they want on a public forum, true or not. A PD has no right to ask that unfavorable posts be removed.

I disagree actually. We have several biased reviews of our program on scutwork.com written by a disgruntled former resident who reviewed the program 3 times as 3 separate people. In them, she trashes the attendings personally in a really cruel way. I think it's perfectly fine for a PD to ask for posts like that to be removed. And of course it's also ok for the people to run the boards to say no.

As a PD, I'm interested in being here for several reasons. First, I want to help answer questions and participate in discussions about psychiatry in general and psychiatry training in particular. Naturally, I want to encourage medical students to consider psychiatry, but I'm more than willing to discuss the pros and cons, for those who want to have a clearer understanding of the demands of the field. I like to teach, so this offers me an additional opportunity to do so.
I don't think I need the forum to learn about problems in the program-I'm already aware of our strengths and weaknesses, as my residents and faculty keep me well informed. I am curious how applicants or medical students decide which programs to apply to, and this forum seems to offer me an opportunity to learn more about the process of deciding on a specialty and a residency program.

As a PD, I'm interested in being here for several reasons. First, I want to help answer questions and participate in discussions about psychiatry in general and psychiatry training in particular. Naturally, I want to encourage medical students to consider psychiatry, but I'm more than willing to discuss the pros and cons, for those who want to have a clearer understanding of the demands of the field. I like to teach, so this offers me an additional opportunity to do so.
I don't think I need the forum to learn about problems in the program-I'm already aware of our strengths and weaknesses, as my residents and faculty keep me well informed. I am curious how applicants or medical students decide which programs to apply to, and this forum seems to offer me an opportunity to learn more about the process of deciding on a specialty and a residency program.

Thanks for posting and for your candor. I have a feeling that you are not the only PD reading this thread. I actually think there should be a "Program Director" and "Attending" forum. I think it would be a good way to smooth the sometimes akward, student & resident to attending interface. Did anyone actually
understand that sentence.

Although, the name of the site is "student"doctor.net, one could argue that we are all students.