IARC/WHO books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djmd

an Antediluvian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doesn anyone know the best/cheapest way to get the IARC/WHO books?

We used to be able to buy them from an office in Washington DC, with a discount for USCAP (or CAP) residents...

Now I can't seem to find anything other than the IARC homepage and they want 109 US with no sign of a discount for residents...
:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know either. Our program gives us a couple and then we have a book fund, I used part of it for the soft tissue and H&N versions.

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
Not trying to be Captain Obvious, but what about your friendly neighbourhood medical bookstore?
Ahh the joys of being a Hospital with a real medical school...

Our "medical bookstore" is a little hole in the wall, and the usually mess up orders. I try to avoid them.
:D

Inside the front cover of the blue books is the ordering info. In the US the distributor is Q corp in Albany, NY their tel. no. is listed, but no discount. If you want a resident discount -you can order from IARC/Europe, I think Lyon - their info is also listed in the inside front cover of the blue books - but shipping from France - that's the killer. But.....Amazon sells many WHO/IARC titles at a discount.

amazon.com is yur friend.

I personally believe a set of these is one of the "must haves", similar to the way the AFIP fas was in the 80-90s.

Yeah I just ordered them from the NY office. Shipping was not bad (9 bucks for two books).
I looked at Amazon, and the new books (ENT and Endo) were actually MORE expensive, and only available via amazon market place. (aka some wanker bought the books and is now trying to turn a profit)

pathdoc68 said:
Inside the front cover of the blue books is the ordering info. In the US the distributor is Q corp in Albany, NY their tel. no. is listed, but no discount. If you want a resident discount -you can order from IARC/Europe, I think Lyon - their info is also listed in the inside front cover of the blue books - but shipping from France - that's the killer. But.....Amazon sells many WHO/IARC titles at a discount.

I tried to get the 30% discount by sending the IARC form and a "cheque" to those damn frenchies in Lyon.

Got a reply, with my returned "cheque" few months later, saying IARC office is permanently closed.

Anyone know any other way to get discounts?