ICC Healthcare Intensivist Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jthedestroyr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I did a search and did not find much. This is a group similar in size, maybe larger than sound.

Can anyone give me some insight into working with them ?

Is it very region specific ?
Theyre looking to start a new program in a very desirable area with very reasonable states.

How about about sound versus ICC?

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at one place when I was looking for jobs. They were obsessed with metrics and protocols, saw a ton of patients (20/day iirc), were overworked and seemed unhappy.

And I believe they partner with HCA, so that should tell you all you need to know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate it. Do you think they have significant regional variation, or they're known for abusing their intensivist?

The location is a very desirable southern beach city, what appears decent pay. They told me they generally only want their intensivist on 5d rotations. Interviewed with sound and sound in my area felt pretty strong in my location. The job and pay appear pretty good, but location is kind of meh.

Thats what appealed to me with the ICC group, as it appeared that unicorn of possible all 3.

I have friends that work for ICC some don’t mind it. It’s a subsidiary of HCA which is evil and generally not physician friendly. Seems like there is an increasing number of ICC, envision and sound intensivist gigs. Sad to see more and more corporate players in critical care medicine. Probably not a good thing for the future of the field.

ICC and sound are gobbling up all the community programs since covid since the community hospitals got over run without 24/7 intensivist coverage.