ICO vs. NECO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NECO or ICO?

• NECO

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • ICO

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

MissOptometry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am having a dilemma. I have been accepted to NECO around 2 weeks ago and I just interviewed at ICO two days ago. I haven't received an acceptance from ICO yet but they told us to start thinking about where you want to go if you were accepted since I only have 30 days and the tuition is non-refundable.

Just wanted to call out to current NECO and ICO students to give me some advice and tibbits about how you feel about your school.

Honestly, my heart is tugging me towards ICO because of the new facilities and the professional but friendly environment. The campus and RC that's right across the street were both really nice. However, NECO also gave off a very great vibe and everyone was so helpful there as well. I also think Boston is a safer city in comparison to Chicago but I honestly never felt that scared in either place (probably never wandered into the sketchy neighbourhoods)

Any input is welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year at NECO right now, I love it. I didn't hear the greatest things from ICO because of their weekly exams, although I am not too sure about that. You can PM me if you have any specific questions

First year at ICO. Weekly exam sucks, but you get used to it very quickly. Higher board pass rate. PM for more.