opt912

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Optometry
I am trying to decide on which opt school to go to. PCO is a lot closer to where I live, which means my parents want me to go there. I would probably need a car(which I do not want), since the clinic is far away and there is no dorm. I am assuming that apartments can get pretty costly around there too. It has a pretty unique curriculum, which I liked.

ICO, I find it to be a place I want to go, but convincing my parents seems pretty difficult. Tuition is higher here. I did not like the dorms, so does anyone know of near by apartments that are walkable and safe that I can look into? What is the passing board rate there?

Commando303

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
I am trying to decide on which opt school to go to. PCO is a lot closer to where I live, which means my parents want me to go there. I would probably need a car(which I do not want), since the clinic is far away and there is no dorm. I am assuming that apartments can get pretty costly around there too. It has a pretty unique curriculum, which I liked.

ICO, I find it to be a place I want to go, but convincing my parents seems pretty difficult. Tuition is higher here. I did not like the dorms, so does anyone know of near by apartments that are walkable and safe that I can look into? What is the passing board rate there?
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you (i.e., of deciding between I.C.O. and P.C.O.), though I think I'm leaning toward P.C.O.

I thought the Residential Complex at I.C.O. was O.K., though not really a great value. Housing in the area seems less desirable than that by P.C.O., but, then, it's a very different atmosphere.

I can't advise you as to how to talk with your parents, except by reminding you you're grown, and you should and can do what you wish.

Good luck.

DawgOD

SCO C/o 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Status
Optometry Student
I felt if I went to ICO, and didn't stay at the residential complex, I would be left out on a lot of activities/study time.

JennieJoy

ICO 2014!
Feb 23, 2010
Chicago
Status
Pre-Optometry
I felt if I went to ICO, and didn't stay at the residential complex, I would be left out on a lot of activities/study time.
I'm going to ICO and staying in the residential complex for at least the first quarter but plan on moving out soon after. I just want to get my bearings. The first year is so hectic and crazy with classes that I think I'll enjoy being able to wake up 10 minutes before class and just walk across the street. Although I won't enjoy the twin size bed I think it will all be worth it in the end.

Commando303

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2009
Status
I'm confused: staying in the R.C., wouldn't one still have to pay the full $1,000.00, for the meal-plan?