ICU elective

Started by 10me
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

10me

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ICU rotation or Radiology elective/research?

My class rank, grades, and board scores are pretty close to average at an average MD school. I did research at MIT between undergrad and medical school, but my work unfortunately did not produce any publications. I have one case report and hopefully one on the way. Nothing to do with Radiology, unfortunately.

Alright down to the question.

Should I focus on meeting faculty and doing radiology research/electives at my home institution, a lower tear department in the radiology world, or should I do an ICU rotation in Aug and try to shine for honors and a great letter? I currently plan to get letters from the department directors in medicine, trauma surgery, pathology and possibly HemeONC.

I lean towards radiology electives/research.