Idaho State University- Meridian Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SerenaRaquel

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to ISU right now and I live in Pocatello. However, I'm a little over this little town and am considering requesting the Meridian campus. Anyone going there? If so, what are some of the pros and cons of the Meridian campus? For me, the biggest pro would obviously be its vicinity to Boise, but I need more than just that.
Thanks!
 
I'm applying to ISU right now and I live in Pocatello. However, I'm a little over this little town and am considering requesting the Meridian campus. Anyone going there? If so, what are some of the pros and cons of the Meridian campus? For me, the biggest pro would obviously be its vicinity to Boise, but I need more than just that.
Thanks!
Pros: Living close to Boise, access to good restaurants and shopping, new building to have class in
Cons: Cost of living, ~$600 for 1 bdrm ~$800 for 2 bdrm ~1000+ for 3+ bdrm apartments, satellite classes, the worst 3 1/2 hour drive ever from pocatello to meridian

It's really just a big(ger)/small(er) town argument as far as pros and cons go! Oh, look out for 4:30-6:30 traffic! If you are on the interstate at that time it can get pretty slow.

My pick: Meridian