You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ideal work attire for retail pharmacy setting
Started by staphylcoccus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Business casual was fine for me. I guess you could wear a tie, but it wasn't required.
Khakis, polo or button-up, and white coat. Done?
Most important thing is finding a comfortable set of shoes that will endure the long shift. No chairs or stools in a retail pharmacy, normally, or they're rare.
Khakis, polo or button-up, and white coat. Done?
Most important thing is finding a comfortable set of shoes that will endure the long shift. No chairs or stools in a retail pharmacy, normally, or they're rare.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Full suit. Replace jacket with lab coat. Just because you're working for 12+ hours doesn't mean you can't look good.
Hello,
What kind of clothes/shoes do you wear at a retail setting? Just want to hear some ideas/suggestions from everyone!
Thanks!
Start with the company dress code and go from there. At the WAGs I work in, the posted dress code for interns is blue scrubs.
It says no tennis shoes, but most of the RPhs where some form of tennis shoe. No one has said anything about me wearing my Nike hiking shoes. Otherwise be as comfy as possible.Techs in ties? Yikes. That's just unnecessary.
Techs in ties? Yikes. That's just unnecessary.
That is the dress code, although I know exactly zero male techs at CVS. Sure they exist though, I just have not met them. I wouldn't wear a tie as a tech though, and in fact I rarely do as an intern. CVS cares about measurable metrics, not dress code, within reason. Sometimes I even go in scrubs + coat, although I think that is pushing it.
And the night shift wearing ties? Forget about it, no way I would do that.
Techs in ties? Yikes. That's just unnecessary.
Last I heard, Safeway also required all employees to wear neckware. For men, that's ties, for women... well, regular ties, bolo ties, or pins / brooches or something. Although take a look at your female vs male checkers next time you're in there & see who's wearing neckware & who's not. FWIW, ties should be illegal in AZ during summertime. 🙄
Last I heard, Safeway also required all employees to wear neckware. For men, that's ties, for women... well, regular ties, bolo ties, or pins / brooches or something. Although take a look at your female vs male checkers next time you're in there & see who's wearing neckware & who's not. FWIW, ties should be illegal in AZ during summertime. 🙄
Haha, I feel the same about FL. At least AZ is a dry heat. 😛
Good shoes and support hose. you laugh now, but you won't when your legs turn into brontosaur stumps after a bunch of 12s in a row.
Last I heard, Safeway also required all employees to wear neckware. For men, that's ties, for women... well, regular ties, bolo ties, or pins / brooches or something. Although take a look at your female vs male checkers next time you're in there & see who's wearing neckware & who's not. FWIW, ties should be illegal in AZ during summertime. 🙄
Should be illegal anywhere during the summer.
Honestly tho, the shirt + tie is not hard and I don't mind it. I wear them to work as an intern in the pharmacy at a nursing home. Except, I wear jeans with them. I dunno why, I find jeans to be much more comfortable than any other type of pants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I feel the same about FL. At least AZ is a dry heat. 😛
Man, your 95 = our 115, in my opinion. Although at least here I don't have to carve a chunk of air out to breathe (usually). I think I would suffocate in FL summer in a tie.
That is the dress code, although I know exactly zero male techs at CVS. Sure they exist though, I just have not met them. I wouldn't wear a tie as a tech though, and in fact I rarely do as an intern. CVS cares about measurable metrics, not dress code, within reason. Sometimes I even go in scrubs + coat, although I think that is pushing it.
And the night shift wearing ties? Forget about it, no way I would do that.
I wear a tie and so do all the male techs that I work with. The overnight guys also wear ties. Maybe it's a regional thing.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K