Ideas on how to get "focused" for a morning practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yocharlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my test is coming up on April 4th, not scoring what I want and already have been studying for 6 months and rescheduled a January test. But seems like I can't get focused at 8am doing a PT until I get to about the Mid verbal/bio section....any tips or advice on what anyone else is doing? I feel as though my mind wanders a bit...and it sucks doing Verbal when that happens.

I'm not too much of a morning person, I'm usually wide awake by about 10am mentally, physically i can be awake whenever. Here are some items I tried...

1. Sleep early
2. Wake up earlier to get brain started 6am
3. Tried waking up even earlier 5am and drinking coffee earlier
4. Tried working out in the mornings at like 6
5. Hung out at a coffee shop to be around other people
6. eat a full bfast meal
7. Drank a protein shake

Members don't see this ad.

Wake up earlier and do practice passages before your practice test, that way you get your mind going during those and not during your test. Probably less of a time thing and more of a mental preparation thing.

I've always heard of doing a few passages before the actual mcat to warm up.

im actually thinking of doing some passages before too just to get ready for the exam. Im hoping it works

Members don't see this ad :)
Ack, I wish they had evening tests.

But if I were in your position, I would try to go somewhere "alive" with plenty of other people. Like, yeah, the gym or a coffee shop.