Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Please help me🙁. I am from the UK and want to study in Charles University, Czech Republic for Medicine.
I have come across with the IEFC (International Education Finance Corporation & ISLP) to support my financial needs for the 6 Year Medicine course.
I think one of the requirements is that International students who wants to borrow money from IEFC would need to have a US Co-Signer (who is a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident). I do not have problems with finding a co-signer because I have relatives in the USA.
Has anyone used IEFC before? I want to know whether 'co-signers' would have to pay anything or not after I graduate medical school? Is the student entitled to pay for the loan right after s/he graduates?😕 Or can I choose to repay them for a long duration of time?😕
What are responsibilities of a co-signer? Does the co-signer have to have a bank account in the USA? If so, which bank would give me the lowest possible interest rate?😕
IEFC is so unhelpful. After e-mailing them they simply gave me their website (which I already checked twice and found no answer to my query).
Any help or assistance would be highly appreciated. Many thanks.😳 I'm so sorry for this inconvenience.
I hope I posted my inquiry to the right Sub-Forum i.e. Financial Aid. Though this could be also related to the International forum.
Please help me🙁. I am from the UK and want to study in Charles University, Czech Republic for Medicine.
I have come across with the IEFC (International Education Finance Corporation & ISLP) to support my financial needs for the 6 Year Medicine course.
I think one of the requirements is that International students who wants to borrow money from IEFC would need to have a US Co-Signer (who is a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident). I do not have problems with finding a co-signer because I have relatives in the USA.
Has anyone used IEFC before? I want to know whether 'co-signers' would have to pay anything or not after I graduate medical school? Is the student entitled to pay for the loan right after s/he graduates?😕 Or can I choose to repay them for a long duration of time?😕
What are responsibilities of a co-signer? Does the co-signer have to have a bank account in the USA? If so, which bank would give me the lowest possible interest rate?😕
IEFC is so unhelpful. After e-mailing them they simply gave me their website (which I already checked twice and found no answer to my query).
Any help or assistance would be highly appreciated. Many thanks.😳 I'm so sorry for this inconvenience.
I hope I posted my inquiry to the right Sub-Forum i.e. Financial Aid. Though this could be also related to the International forum.