questions about International student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Saloommamado

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm an international student and I'm planning to apply for a 70,000 USD loan for a master program. I have a co-signer, his salary is 5,000+ but he already co-signed another student loan. He has no long term loans and no history of bankruptcy.

1- I would like to know if my chances for approval are good? And I want to know when should I start applying for the loan (with Citizens Bank).? (my master starts on 1 July, and I require F1 visa).

2- I want to know also if this type of financing my degree will affect my F1 visa chances or not?

3- I plan to get into a residency program after finishing the master (1-year MPH in Johns Hopkins), will I be able to pay the monthly payments with residency salary?

4- Sall I tell the visa officer about my full plan in the interview or shall I just stick to the idea of getting an MPH and return back?

Thank you very much in advance!! 🙂