If a Health-Care Bill Passes, Nurse Practitioners Could Be Key

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microbiofan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
wrong site

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
its funny how every news channel talks about this doctor shortage, which is real by the way, but they dont talk about the nurse shortage which is bigger!!! If nurses are going to replace MD's in primary care who's going to replace nurses at bedside? MA's???

its funny how every news channel talks about this doctor shortage, which is real by the way, but they dont talk about the nurse shortage which is bigger!!! If nurses are going to replace MD's in primary care who's going to replace nurses at bedside? MA's???

RNs aren't going to replace MDs. NPs aren't going to replace MDs. NPs and PAs are simply going to help alleviate the shortage.

Fixing the RN shortage is a whole different issue in itself...

Nobody is replacing MDs. Don't freak out. You'll still have your job as an MD. The newspiece only says NPs could alleviate the shortage.

My concern is with NPs taking over PAs or at least the public's view that NP>>PA becoming worse, not better.

Both the primary care and nursing shortages need to be alleviated to some extent without one hurting the other.

I'm glad I'm not one having to deal with figuring out how to resolve that issue... I'm just going to attempt to do my part.

My concern is with NPs taking over PAs or at least the public's view that NP>>PA becoming worse, not better.

Why, Pa's have seen nothing but a gain in momentum the past few years (not that I am advocating as I am not a nurse)>