If accepted next week, what would you do first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I Jizz in My Pants!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/YOUTUBE]

Already mentioned, but you gotta have the video link.

Members don't see this ad.

I would sing, The LORD is High above the Heavens...and His glory above the nations...give God the highest praise and let all the people sing, Halle Halle Hallelujah!

If you really love the Lord say Yeah....Yeah.....Oh Yes!

how many of yall did nothing. mine was pretty anti climactic, i found out during an interview, when i came back from the interview i had 2 waitlists waiting (redundant?)

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread makes me smile. I probably will thank God, calmly leave where ever I am, and head to the nearest liquor store for a bottle of correlejo anejo tequila (I am from texas) and sip on it the whole day while calling family.

how many of yall did nothing. mine was pretty anti climactic, i found out during an interview, when i came back from the interview i had 2 waitlists waiting (redundant?)

I found out via my status page, so I just looked at it in utter disbelief for a good solid minute, made some phone calls, and freaked out a bit... Then went back to work. lol. I wasn't very productive... So it's not exactly nothing but I didn't do anything that spectacular either.

Obviously, that night and this weekend, there was celebratory drinking.

bought a bottle of johnny walker black label. got destroyed.

will wait for dream school to buy blue label. to get destroyed.

work on getting my sanity back...I will need it come first day of school!

You know what's not as satisfying as I thought it would be? Rejecting medical schools that have invited you to interview but that you no longer want to attend. Yeah, really not that much fun, since those particular schools did absolutely nothing wrong to you. I actually felt a little guilty. :oops:

bought a bottle of johnny walker black label. got destroyed.

will wait for dream school to buy blue label. to get destroyed.

Pours shot for the people still waiting and then gets hammered!

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, i was kind of dissapointed with my reaction ... i thought it would be the best day of my life ... although I was happy I was not jumping up and down. im just glad that i got this behind me ... this was horrible lol

haha, i was kind of dissapointed with my reaction ... i thought it would be the best day of my life ... although I was happy I was not jumping up and down. im just glad that i got this behind me ... this was horrible lol

Yeah, I would say my reaction was closer to relief than excitement.

You know what's not as satisfying as I thought it would be? Rejecting medical schools that have invited you to interview but that you no longer want to attend. Yeah, really not that much fun, since those particular schools did absolutely nothing wrong to you. I actually felt a little guilty. :oops:
I agree 100%. I feel sorry for them, but hey, you can't go to more than one school right?

work on getting my sanity back...I will need it come first day of school!

based on, um, 90% of your posts on SDN... you need to seriously think about finding ways to relax. :cool:

and how come you guys feel bad for schools you withdraw from? :laugh: i doubt they'd be personally offended... you're just one less pre-med on their plate.

Yeah mine was anticlimatic as well. It was like more of a relief than anything.

For all the medical schools that rejected me, I would show up at their respective hospitals as a malingering patient and see if they can diagnose me correctly.

Telling me I'm won't make a good enough doctor for them!

Last edited:
I cried for like 1/2 hour.
Called into work
Drove 2 hours to parents house
Called/texted all friends (based on who I like best)
Fiance gave me a diamond necklace (was not expecting that)
Parents took me to Melting Pot (delicious)
Drove 2 hours home
Sleep

i haven't experienced it yet... but i think i will line up a few shots with my bro and try and drink so much that the next day i don't remember i got accepted so i can experience it all over again...

based on, um, 90% of your posts on SDN... you need to seriously think about finding ways to relax. :cool:
actually I thrive when I am challenged, just saying "wow this is a little ridiculous" relieves the pressure. I don't really feel the need to make things I love be crutches for me.

Just to clarify...Tatastrophy can also be sarcastic (not to mention how much she likes being randomly obnoxious), and the "sanity" was more of a stand it for "sleep and drunk fun". Things get lost in translation on internets. :p

Yea. I did talk about myself in 3rd person. Seemed fitting, although, I am not so sure anymore :)

Same here. No celebration, no running in circles. A great sense of relief more than any other emotion.

I notified family, but did nothing special.

I will say that with the passage of time (it will be 2 weeks tomorrow), the stress of this process has totally melted away...so while I did not have a sugar high on Day 1 followed by a crash, my muted response is now paying off with a growing sense of satisfaction and relief that I don't have to go to another med school interview or wait breathlessly for another "decision" either.

I have canceled one interview, and it felt a little awkward, but it also felt a little empowering with a shift in the balance of power that only comes with an acceptance. So, not exactly "fun," but it felt fine, particularly because it was one of my instate publics that ran me in circles over documentation regarding my residency status, delaying my app for 6 weeks.

Similarly, I have another 5 schools I am waiting to hear from post interview. I care about 2 of them, but the other 3 are totally irrelevant now, and I am considering withdrawing my app before they get a chance to reject me...and some of the ones that have me on a pre interview hold may get the same treatment from me.

I have canceled one interview, and it felt a little awkward, but it also felt a little empowering with a shift in the balance of power that only comes with an acceptance. So, not exactly "fun," but it felt fine, particularly because it was one of my instate publics that ran me in circles over documentation regarding my residency status, delaying my app for 6 weeks.

Similarly, I have another 5 schools I am waiting to hear from post interview. I care about 2 of them, but the other 3 are totally irrelevant now, and I am considering withdrawing my app before they get a chance to reject me...and some of the ones that have me on a pre interview hold may get the same treatment from me.

I know what you mean, there is a huge shift in mindset from pre-acceptance to post-acceptance. Before the first acceptance, a pre-med is little more than a supplicant kneeling before the mighty Med School powers-that-be. My attitude completely changed after the first acceptance, when I finally realized that I was going to have some power in this process. Finally. :D

ROFL at the guy/girl who said he/she would make it rain.

Last edited:
1) scream
2) call my dad, my bf and my mom (in that order since talking to my mom will take FOR-EVER)
3) excuse myself from doing anything academic beyond the bare minimum for at least 3 days