If accepted next week, what would you do first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jump up and down as I leap around the room and scream "they like me, they like me"...pretty much the same thing I do when I get interview invites

Thank God.

Call my parents.

Let all of facebook know via a status update.

In that order. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

1. scream a lot
2. call my parents
3. call my boyfriend
4. drink a little thing called alcohol
5. post on facebook or some sort of internet website (sad but true)
6. study for my biochemistry test on Friday... AT THE BAR

When I run into people now and then from high school they are usually stunned that I am in college. They are even more stunned when they ask how I am doing and I tell them my GPA (not to brag, but they asked so I told them). I waited a couple years between high-school and college and it really made a world of difference as far as maturity.

same here buddy. I slacked my ass off in HS. but college was a whole new ball game. I'm in a better position than most if not all of the smart people from high school and for all those doubters, I don't even care what they think because words travel like wildfire and once they hear when I'm going to medical school. They'll know what's up. You know that saying, " Success is the best revenge." hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
not jinxing anything...this process has made me superstitious....

reading this thread makes me really happy for some reason.

it makes me happy to imagine all the soon to be very happy people!

sadly i dont belong in this thread yet (still lurking around the empty inbox thread heh)

but man! pls announce the happy news here!!!! look forward to celebrating all your happy news!

1. Get on my knees and Thank the LORD!
2 Hug and Kiss my kids.
3. Get on the phone and start arranging my celebration partee :cool:

This thread made me smile. I'm waiting for Nov 15 (Texan) so I have a bit, but taking from the ideas I've seen so far I think it will include in no particular order:
1. Thanking the Lord
2. Alcohol
3. Full body massage
4. Steak
5. Surprising my wife
6. Running through the streets of Houston screaming at people walking by.

what happens if we get rejected from every school we interviewed at, then what should i do?

I think that is when you get the ass steak.

when I got the unofficial nod from EVMS, I...

1) Wandered around in stunned silence
2) Told my friends
3) Started to get dizzy bc the enormity of it all finally hit me

but that was unofficial. god knows what i'm gonna do if and when i get an official acceptance. cartwheels probably.
or run around downtown Albany waving my letter and cheering. :p

1. Praise God!
2. Cry
3. Blast 'Beautiful Day' by U2 on my stereo
4. Text the very few friends that I told that I was applying to med school.
5. Surprise my mom and dad at work by showing up for lunch with a stethescope around my neck.
6. Get a full body massage.

I think that'll do until I get into my top choice, which I won't know about until Feb. Then, I'll really celebrate!:laugh:

:biglove:
It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away .....

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Reach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away .....

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Reach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

I'm not a huge U2 fan but I do believe this will become my theme song if I get accepted anywhere.

cry tears of joy for days and celebrate with all the people who have supported me through all the craziness

Here is what I'm doing:
I interviewed at USUHS and received the email from florida saying I was accepted on the train ride back to my hotel outside of the Baltimore airport. I immediately checked in, changed out of my suit, walk down the street to Chili's (only bar near here) where I am now sitting by myself at a table with a stupid looking grin permanently plastered on my face downing beer after beer. I'M GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!

I was with my girlfriend at the time, so here's what I did:

1. Wipe the stunned look off my face as she perseverated "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?"
2. Ran around her apartment going, "I GOT IN!!!"
3. Called Mom.
4. Called Dad.
5. Texted every single person in my phone, including ex-girlfriends. They were confused.
6. Finished my day of classes.
7. Took a celebratory shot from a bottle of scotch bought in Edinburgh over three years ago. Best shot of liquor I've ever had.

Here is what I'm doing:
I interviewed at USUHS and received the email from florida saying I was accepted on the train ride back to my hotel outside of the Baltimore airport. I immediately checked in, changed out of my suit, walk down the street to Chili's (only bar near here) where I am now sitting by myself at a table with a stupid looking grin permanently plastered on my face downing beer after beer. I'M GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!!

3. Called Mom.
4. Called Dad.
5. Texted every single person in my phone, including ex-girlfriends. They were confused.
7. Took a celebratory shot from a bottle of scotch bought in Edinburgh over three years ago. Best shot of liquor I've ever had.
Huge congrats guys! Cant wait for what ill be doing when i open my letter of acceptance in 3 years! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Umm lets see...
1) Cry hysterically upon telling my fiancee, because it has been a long\frustrating journey
2) Probably cause my phone to blow up by trying to simultaneously call fam/friends and post a jumbled confusing status on facebook
3) go out and celebrate like it is nobodys business
4) walk around with a huge smile on my face (at all times) for at least a month straight that may confuse/intrigue strangers :D

good luck everyone, hope your moment is amazing:oops:

3. Called Mom.
4. Called Dad.
oh brother... shooting scotch?

Scotch. Manly. Classy. Nothing wrong with that. I believe I shall do the same.

Haha, he means that you're supposed to sip scotch, which is very true.

Normally I would agree, but in times of celebration, raising two ounces of nectar and throwing it down is the way to go. I made sure the next glass was enjoyed more responsibly.

And the glass after that. And after that...

Normally I would agree, but in times of celebration, raising two ounces of nectar and throwing it down is the way to go. I made sure the next glass was enjoyed more responsibly.

ah sir. you are a man of knowledge. very nice. drink away away.

In that vein . . .

Cancel many interviews and use the money saved to celebrate the acceptance with some Macallan 18

1. whisper OMG
2. say OMG
3. scream OMG
4. go into histerics omg omg omg omg i can't believe it omg omg
5. finally share it with my twin sister and the rest of my family
6. send in a deposit ASAP
7. think i can slack off for the rest of the year (haha that really not like me)
8.do lots of traveling!!!
9. Be happy before the stress of medical school happens

Besides cry out of happiness and let my family/gf/friends know? I would run to the bio office at my school and tell the counselor that told me I would never make it in to medical school to "suck my..."...yeah, you know :D

ZOMG I 'R A DOCTOR!!! *leaps off a building, sprouts wings and flies

If i was accepted, I would most likely faint from the happiness.
First I would get on my knees and thank god for helping me make it. I would then go about calling everyone i know and tell them the good news. I would also throw a huge party just to rub in the face of all the haters. Then would come the part where I take out a huge loan and put a deposit in :eek:

1. Scream from the top of the nearest building.
2. Steal a labcoat from my research and cross out the PI's name and write my last name so it says Dr. Insertmylastnamehere and go to my highschool with it on and brag like none other.
3. Take that same labcoat and wear it to church Sunday morning and brag like I belonged in the Bible. "Luke was a Doctor, but he didn't get into insertmedicalschoolIwasacceptedtohere"
4. Attempt to do a backflip and probably injure myself
5. Drink outrageous amounts of liquor (even though I already do and even though I will still be underage at least if I get in first cycle I apply)
6. Go to a pre-medical society meeting and be the biggest douchebag they've ever encountered and tell them none of them have what it takes to get into so-and-so medical school that I was accepted to
7. Write a book, an autobiography, it will be titled, "The boss and a half"
8. Go streaking through campus
9. Re-assert my superiority to everyone around me
10. Realize how big of a deal getting accepted is and jizz in my pants everytime I put it into perspective.

2. Steal a labcoat from my research and cross out the PI's name and write my last name so it says Dr. Insertmylastnamehere and go to my highschool with it on and brag like none other.
3. Take that same labcoat and wear it to church Sunday morning and brag like I belonged in the Bible. "Luke was a Doctor, but he didn't get into insertmedicalschoolIwasacceptedtohere"
5. Drink outrageous amounts of liquor (even though I already do and even though I will still be underage at least if I get in first cycle I apply)
6. Go to a pre-medical society meeting and be the biggest douchebag they've ever encountered and tell them none of them have what it takes to get into so-and-so medical school that I was accepted to
10. Realize how big of a deal getting accepted is and jizz in my pants everytime I put it into perspective.

:laugh::laugh::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#7 is the best.

They way it really played out:

1. stared at the computer, dazed and in disbelief
2. called my parents' cell phones - no pick up!
3. told my pre-med adviser (I was on campus at the time)
4. my parents called me back
5. went to class
6. ...
7. had a steak!!!
8. drank beer
9. profit

Last edited:
haha it s really nice reading all those stuff!

i wonder what ill do. haha

Got accepted today!

...apparently the correct answer to this thread for me was:

sit in volunteering for 3 more hours before I could tell anyone, lol

refer to avatar.

1. sit still for a few minutes with my mouth gaping open
2. call my parents
3. withdraw from the schools i don't care about
4. have a beer and some ice cream

i'd say i did a pretty good job sticking to this list today. magic hat #9 and phish food for the win!

:rofl: #3 is classic! LoL

i'd get drunk..

today, tommorow, and the next day..
continue it with even more partying.

lather.rinse.repeat.

I ate a whole pizza and a dozen hot wings

Cry :cry: / throwup :barf:
Do a little dance :soexcited:
The propose to my now girlfriend. :biglove:

lol #10 :laugh:

Put a restrained grin on my face thinking "I knew it."

Then, immediately, find out the textbooks that the med schools use and start frantically memorizing and studying the entire set of books so I can be cut-throat competitive when I'm actually in med school.

No. I think I'll acutally get rid of this piece of feces laptop and buy a new one and get a car wash.

Cry :cry: / throwup :barf:
Do a little dance :soexcited:
The propose to my now girlfriend. :biglove:
Wow man, I hope she says yes!

The first thing I did?
Drove an ambulance. I was on duty.

yea congrats on the proposal

i might change my cut out making it rain thing to lebron powder in the air thing. not in my apartment though, that would be dirty. maybe in the lab

Not get arrested.