If anybody can complete a 5 minute questionnaire for my MSc, I would be so grateful!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyGomar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Mark and I am currently in my final year of my Clinical Applications of Psychology MSc at Newman University (Birmingham, UK).

I am exploring the perception of negative emotions and their role in self harm.

To participate in the study, you will need to complete an online questionnaire that should take about 5 minutes. 16+ only.

This study has been approved by the Newman University ethics committee, which has approved the use of recruitment via the internet.

This project is also being supervised by the Senior Lecturer in Counselling / Psychology at Newman University.

If you wish to contact me, do not hesitate via [email protected]

Thank you for participating in the online survey.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Study Link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...D2HprRIwgbswjhD5p4C9HuSk9XPg/viewform?c=0&w=1

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Mark and I am currently in my final year of my Clinical Applications of Psychology MSc at Newman University (Birmingham, UK).

I am exploring the perception of negative emotions and their role in self harm.

To participate in the study, you will need to complete an online questionnaire that should take about 5 minutes. 16+ only.

This study has been approved by the Newman University ethics committee, which has approved the use of recruitment via the internet.

This project is also being supervised by the Senior Lecturer in Counselling / Psychology at Newman University.

If you wish to contact me, do not hesitate via [email protected]

Thank you for participating in the online survey.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Study Link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...D2HprRIwgbswjhD5p4C9HuSk9XPg/viewform?c=0&w=1
If psychologists and students wanting to become psychologists are recruited won't that skew the sample? My attitude about self-harm is quite a bit different from most people I know in the community.

Reactions: 1 user
If psychologists and students wanting to become psychologists are recruited won't that skew the sample? My attitude about self-harm is quite a bit different from most people I know in the community.
Exactly. Even if that is the population(s) that they want to study, the members here might not be a representative sample of the overall population of interest.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Completely correct guys. However, the study does not ask about attitude to self harm, it asks about your direct history of self harm and your perception of emotions.

I'm with you, my attitude to self harm is far different to those within a community!

Completely correct guys. However, the study does not ask about attitude to self harm, it asks about your direct history of self harm and your perception of emotions.

I'm with you, my attitude to self harm is far different to those within a community!
But you don't seem to be studying therapists and their reactions/attitudes about this. You're treating a specialized recruitment like it's a general sample. Like when people send general research requests to the APA list serves. I can't really think of a worse sample, other than getting your friends to participate. An undergrad sample or mturk would serve you better.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.