If anyone one as an answer to this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NIYO2K2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what is more important. your overall gpa or a B in Cell and molecular biology class.

Got my results of my first test...... not good. So I figure I can 't get an A so I think a B will do. :confused: i think. I know it might be a stupid question, but i need to know.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not really sure - but I'd think your overall GPA, or at least your BCPM GPA. I think they'll understand that sometimes people get a bad prof, bad TA, or they just aren't as outstanding at one partucular subject. Also, some schools will look at the trend in your transcript. If you have mostly A's w/ a B or two thrown in, they'll realize that you might have been busy w/ EC's or volunteering. (At least I hope so, I had a C+ in calc and B's in both of my gen chems!) :)

Originally posted by NIYO2K2
I know it might be a stupid question
Might be??????????????

Members don't see this ad :)
Put down my vote for "Overall GPA." Adcoms do realize that the difference between an A and a B in a class can be one blown test.

A B or even a C in a class is not the end of the world or one's ability to get into med school! I can't believe you're seriously asking this.

There's a ton of pre-meds, though (and even some med students I know) who seriously think you'll barely get into med school with 1 or 2 Bs. I always just kinda shake my head and say "I'll take my chances anyway."

Is this your senior year? 'Cause if it is, the grade might not matter that much if the schools don't see it until you're accepted. Of course, if you're not accepted this year, they'll see it when you reapply. And some schools want you to send in Fall transcripts when they become available, so they may see it then too.

overall gpa definitely matters, hell it better matter cause damn genetics screwed me over!:mad: