If anyone one as an answer to this

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NIYO2K2, Sep 24, 2002.

1. NIYO2K2

NIYO2K2 Member
    10+ Year Member

I would like to know what is more important. your overall gpa or a B in Cell and molecular biology class.

Got my results of my first test...... not good. So I figure I can 't get an A so I think a B will do. :confused: i think. I know it might be a stupid question, but i need to know.

Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm not really sure - but I'd think your overall GPA, or at least your BCPM GPA. I think they'll understand that sometimes people get a bad prof, bad TA, or they just aren't as outstanding at one partucular subject. Also, some schools will look at the trend in your transcript. If you have mostly A's w/ a B or two thrown in, they'll realize that you might have been busy w/ EC's or volunteering. (At least I hope so, I had a C+ in calc and B's in both of my gen chems!) :)

4. MD2b06

MD2b06 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Might be??????????????

5. kenfused

kenfused Senior Member
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Another vote for Overall GPA!

6. secretstang19

secretstang19 Member
    7+ Year Member

Put down my vote for "Overall GPA." Adcoms do realize that the difference between an A and a B in a class can be one blown test.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

A B or even a C in a class is not the end of the world or one's ability to get into med school! I can't believe you're seriously asking this.

8. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There's a ton of pre-meds, though (and even some med students I know) who seriously think you'll barely get into med school with 1 or 2 Bs. I always just kinda shake my head and say "I'll take my chances anyway."

9. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is this your senior year? 'Cause if it is, the grade might not matter that much if the schools don't see it until you're accepted. Of course, if you're not accepted this year, they'll see it when you reapply. And some schools want you to send in Fall transcripts when they become available, so they may see it then too.

10. pbehzad

pbehzad Faddayy
    7+ Year Member

overall gpa definitely matters, hell it better matter cause damn genetics screwed me over!:mad: