If I apply in early June, can I still get first interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobears01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply in early June. I am wondering if I can get first interviews for many dental schools.

Members don't see this ad.

i will check with the D schools and will let you know...;)..jk

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied mid July and still got all pretty early interviews..so Id say June is early

I submitted my application the second week of July, and I had all 4 of my interview invites within a month, and the interviews lined up for pre-December acceptances... although Nova was the last group they had in November, and I applied in July. So if you are thinking about applying to Nova, apply as early as you can.

I submitted my application the second week of July, and I had all 4 of my interview invites within a month, and the interviews lined up for pre-December acceptances... although Nova was the last group they had in November, and I applied in July. So if you are thinking about applying to Nova, apply as early as you can.

I completely agree with this statement. Nova is famous for filing up there interviews very early in the cycle. Same with Case Western. I wouldn't waste my time with either school if you are applying later than May/early June.

Unless of course your stats are amazing... then do whatever you want.

Definitely. I didn't take DAT until mid August and I was still able to get quite a few first round interviews.

Being one of 20 with an AA of 24 out of ~9K probably didn't hurt.

Interviews typically don't start until Sept, AADSAS takes about 6 weeks, schools take a couple of weeks to process, so do the math. I think you will be fine.

Sure, assuming that people of similar stats don't submit before you and fill them up.

(In general all of these timeline based questions are rediculous! Just send it in as soon as possible)

first interview, second interview... doesn't really matter a *whole* lot as long as you're interviewing for an actual seat and not a waitlist spot.

define early...

Nova starts very early, like August. Most other schools early would be September...I got all my interviews in September except for UPenn...