If I decide to edit my list after certifying does the original order get deleted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or do I have to input everything into this archaic system again? IE I made 19 different supplemental lists. I may decide to change some things tonight. Will it delete everything if I decide to edit it or will i be okay?

Members don't see this ad.

No. If you want to edit, it will give you a warning that you're going from "certified" to "ranking", but it will show you your existing list and you can just drag and drop things wherever you like. Just make sure to certify again at the end if you want your list to make it into the match.

Also good to know: if you are certified and edit your list again, but don't re-certify before the deadline, the last list you certified will be submitted (i.e. you don't have to worry about not being certified at all)

This is incorrect. From the NRMP Applicant FAQ: "If you change your certified ROL by adding, moving, or deleting a program, you must recertify it for it to be used in a Match. The R3® system does not save previous versions of your rank order list."

Reactions: 4 users
Also good to know: if you are certified and edit your list again, but don't re-certify before the deadline, the last list you certified will be submitted (i.e. you don't have to worry about not being certified at all)

Gunners gonna gun.

Wow, that was news to me (our program told us otherwise). Sorry for spreading false information.

And knowing is half the battle...............

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So does basically everybody at your school go unmatched each year because they follow this advice?

I agree. If your school is actually telling you this, that's pretty messed up. It's worth considering whether or not you want to send a friendly email to your class list-serve setting the record straight. No reason to let someone you know go unmatched for a dumb reason if you can do anything about it.