If I haven't heard back from any schools, does that mean I was rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental deezle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I sent my application out in mid august, it is now october 22nd and I have only gotten rejected from 1/8 schools, I literally have not heard word about if I have been rejected yet and its killing me. Will I receive an email saying I was rejected or will they just not tell me. And also do I still have a shot if I have not heard back for an interview yet. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

No. It just means that you will probably have to wait until December/Jan. to hear something.

Members don't see this ad :)
You aren't rejected until you hear so.

I got rejected from NYU in July...

Mind sharing your stats? But like everyone said, no reason to worry just yet, there's still a lot of time.

I applied to 15 schools, interviewed at 2, rejected by 1 so far.....

Still waiting on word from 12 of them. I feel your pain.

Hello, I sent my application out in mid august, it is now october 22nd and I have only gotten rejected from 1/8 schools, I literally have not heard word about if I have been rejected yet and its killing me. Will I receive an email saying I was rejected or will they just not tell me. And also do I still have a shot if I have not heard back for an interview yet. Thank you.

Are your applications marked as complete?

Are your applications marked as complete?
Yea, I got rejected from Nova as soon as i sent my secondary app. But everyone else is just taking long so I wanna know if I should assume that I didn't get in or something.. or if I still have hope.