if i take my mcat in april, when can i expect my results to come in???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

primerz

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This past year we got our results on June 24th. It was a loooooooong wait from test to scores.

you'll know the exact day the scores will be available online. good luck getting any sleep the night before.

Late June for the online score report...that's about 2 months.

The waiting is the wost part.

They report that it will be ~60 days. Since the test this year is April 17, I think the scores will be out on or around June 17, a bit earlier than in the past.

Treg

i recall many restless nights in june as i awaited the scores, and a milld MI when i saw the MCAT logo in my mailbox.

9a.m. eastern time on the day they are released, to be precise. I woke up at 6a.m., checked, and then cried myself back to sleep.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
9a.m. eastern time on the day they are released, to be precise. I woke up at 6a.m., checked, and then cried myself back to sleep.

:laugh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, I remember them saying it was 7am... but anyway, I remember waking up right around when they were going to post the scores, but then being too afraid to check them, I just went back to sleep until about 10... then I woke up and, shaking (really!!) checked them... that was the scariest 5 seconds of my life. What made it worse is that the first number I saw was "25", which was the test number or something like that, and I nearly had a heart attack... but then I saw the actual score below. Phew! But, man, that was horrifying, definetely.

Well, here's to more stress coming right up!!! :D :D :D

Yeah I remeber being really pissed that they would take so long to get our scores out. I mean seriously what they hell do you need two months for??? And don't feed me that line about grading and statistical analysis. The whole aamc conglomerate is the bane of my existence. Down with aamc!!

Originally posted by Cerberus
no f*ckin way!!! I am way too impatient to last 2 months!!!

Too bad you don't have a choice in the matter, Cerb. ;)

Originally posted by quideam
What made it worse is that the first number I saw was "25", which was the test number or something like that, and I nearly had a heart attack... but then I saw the actual score below.

LOL!!!!! This exact same thing happened to me, and I freaked out as well......for a split second after I saw this number, the rest of my summer flashed before my eyes, and let me tell you it didn't look pretty. Once I saw that the 25 wasn't my score, I think I got more relief from the fact that I would NEVER have to take that biotch again rather than satisfaction with my score (that came later I guess) What a great feeling to realize that my summer would remain filled with with guilt/worry-free partying.

I've taken the mcat 9 times and I have always received my score the day after the exam. Good luck.

AAMC was setting up the thx system for last April's mcat which may have delayed the scores from being released. The scores came out june 24 last year over 2 months after the exam. Its possible it could come out sooner this year but not by much; a week at the most.

Originally posted by primerz
???:confused:

I took it in April 2003 and I believe I got mine on June 24. Remember that it will be available online before you get it in the mail. :)