if i take my mcat in april, when can i expect my results to come in???

About the Ads

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
This past year we got our results on June 24th. It was a loooooooong wait from test to scores.

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
you'll know the exact day the scores will be available online. good luck getting any sleep the night before.

PianoGirl04

living for tomorrow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Late June for the online score report...that's about 2 months.

The waiting is the wost part.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Southeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
They report that it will be ~60 days. Since the test this year is April 17, I think the scores will be out on or around June 17, a bit earlier than in the past.

Treg

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
i recall many restless nights in june as i awaited the scores, and a milld MI when i saw the MCAT logo in my mailbox.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Status (Visible)
9a.m. eastern time on the day they are released, to be precise. I woke up at 6a.m., checked, and then cried myself back to sleep.

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
9a.m. eastern time on the day they are released, to be precise. I woke up at 6a.m., checked, and then cried myself back to sleep.

:laugh:

kingcer0x

Re-Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hmm, I remember them saying it was 7am... but anyway, I remember waking up right around when they were going to post the scores, but then being too afraid to check them, I just went back to sleep until about 10... then I woke up and, shaking (really!!) checked them... that was the scariest 5 seconds of my life. What made it worse is that the first number I saw was "25", which was the test number or something like that, and I nearly had a heart attack... but then I saw the actual score below. Phew! But, man, that was horrifying, definetely.

Well, here's to more stress coming right up!!! :D :D :D

themann

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah I remeber being really pissed that they would take so long to get our scores out. I mean seriously what they hell do you need two months for??? And don't feed me that line about grading and statistical analysis. The whole aamc conglomerate is the bane of my existence. Down with aamc!!

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Cerberus
no f*ckin way!!! I am way too impatient to last 2 months!!!

Too bad you don't have a choice in the matter, Cerb. ;)

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by quideam
What made it worse is that the first number I saw was "25", which was the test number or something like that, and I nearly had a heart attack... but then I saw the actual score below.

LOL!!!!! This exact same thing happened to me, and I freaked out as well......for a split second after I saw this number, the rest of my summer flashed before my eyes, and let me tell you it didn't look pretty. Once I saw that the 25 wasn't my score, I think I got more relief from the fact that I would NEVER have to take that biotch again rather than satisfaction with my score (that came later I guess) What a great feeling to realize that my summer would remain filled with with guilt/worry-free partying.

irie

royale with cheese
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I've taken the mcat 9 times and I have always received my score the day after the exam. Good luck.

good_faith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2003
Status (Visible)

jiy76

Where's The Booze?
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2002
Brooklyn NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
AAMC was setting up the thx system for last April's mcat which may have delayed the scores from being released. The scores came out june 24 last year over 2 months after the exam. Its possible it could come out sooner this year but not by much; a week at the most.

gschl1234

15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by primerz
???:confused:

I took it in April 2003 and I believe I got mine on June 24. Remember that it will be available online before you get it in the mail. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.