If I were to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EBLoneStar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to send an update letter/letter of intent to a top 10 non-rolling school (doesn't accept anyone until March), when would be the appropriate time to do this?

If they interview until January and then start making decisions, would it be better to wait later until (presumably) the adcom will start meeting to make decisions, and send it maybe at the end of January? Or is sooner better?

Members don't see this ad.

First, make sure they are OK with receiving extra information; some schools are not.

If they are:
IMO, do it closer to when they are going to make decisions, but after you interview. If I interviewed at a non-rolling school this week and the adcom meets in January, I'd probably sent a letter of intent in December some time.

First, make sure they are OK with receiving extra information; some schools are not.

If they are:
IMO, do it closer to when they are going to make decisions, but after you interview. If I interviewed at a non-rolling school this week and the adcom meets in January, I'd probably sent a letter of intent in December some time.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely wait and call first to make sure they're okay with it.