If I work 3 days a week but average ~36-40 hours a week, is this considered "full time?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hamber_Gorl

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm working on my update letters and I started a new job about a month ago. When I was hired, my boss told me I was being hired as "part time" to work about 24 hours a week. My boss manages a lot of different clinics and is not present at the job site and I believe he genuinely did not realize that my position requires 12-14 hour shifts.

Is it disingenuous if I say in my update letter that I work "full time?" Legally, I do, but I'm worried that if a school decided to call my boss, he would tell them that I work "part time" because that's what I was hired for.

thx.

Members don't see this ad.

Many staff at my hospital work 3- 12 hour shifts a week and are considered full time. So the hours/shifts are not the issue. You probably need to have your on-site supervisor correct the records and just make you full time. Full time employees should get more benefits etc. .

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You could say that you have been hired as a ___ and are working a full-time schedule of n hours per week. Frankly, it would be highly unusual for a med admissions office to call the employer and check on such a thing.

Reactions: 4 users