If receive an invite, how soon should you schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my first interview invite today. How soon should I call and schedule it? ASAP or can it wait a week or two? I'm taking the boards on Friday and am a little busy at the moment to schedule this ASAP.

Members don't see this ad.

It has literally taken me one minute to schedule interviews (five if you count the time it takes me to look at my PDA calendar to make sure I dont have something else going on). I said how about (insert dates here)? They said ok. Done. I'm sure you've wasted more time on SDN than you will scheduling. Plus, the longer you wait, the less choice in getting a preferred date.

Schedule now, insanity later. (yeah, I modified it a bit;) )

I schedule as soon as I get the email.

I schedule as soon as I get the email.

Schedule immediately as most schools have a limited number of interview slots. Unless you want to get waitlisted for an interview, call or email right away. Also, it looks bad on your school and shows a lack of interest if you wait a while to return their invite.

Schedule immediately as most schools have a limited number of interview slots. Unless you want to get waitlisted for an interview, call or email right away. Also, it looks bad on your school and shows a lack of interest if you wait a while to return their invite.

Of course it is wise to schedule ASAP.....but I dont really think it looks bad...because the secretary does it for you....the PD does not know when you called.

Of course it is wise to schedule ASAP.....but I dont really think it looks bad...because the secretary does it for you....the PD does not know when you called.

I have been told that by the school I am attending as well as a program director that is well known to me. Just restating what we are told. I wouldn't take my chances. Remember, dont' piss off nurses, and having come from a business background, NEVER piss off secretaries. They are that report directly to the PD.

schedule now so that you can get the dates that you want

if you had time to post on sdn, you had time to schedule an interview.

it goes like this:

"hello, my name is jane smith, i'm calling to schedule an interview"
"oh hello, one moment, let me get your file (pause). these are the dates available- nov 1, nov 2, nov 3, and nov 4."
"nov 2 would work for me"
"ok great, i've got you down for nov 2 @ 8 am. we'll send you a confirmatory email with all the details"
"great thanks"
"bye"
"bye"

is it better to schedule by phone or is an email ok?

if you had time to post on sdn, you had time to schedule an interview.

it goes like this:

"hello, my name is jane smith, i'm calling to schedule an interview"
"oh hello, one moment, let me get your file (pause). these are the dates available- nov 1, nov 2, nov 3, and nov 4."
"nov 2 would work for me"
"ok great, i've got you down for nov 2 @ 8 am. we'll send you a confirmatory email with all the details"
"great thanks"
"bye"
"bye"

uncanny....it's like you were on the other end of my last scheduling phone call...:)

she's right...just call and schedule

Do it asap. I got an invite yesterday. Emailed them today my top 2 dates and they emailed back 2 hours later saying those dates are full. According to the grape vine they just sent out invites yesterday. Goes to show you those spots go like hot cake.:eek:

Now tomorrow I've got to call first thing in the morning to make sure my 3rd choice is available.

is it better to schedule by phone or is an email ok?

do you really think anyone remembers how you scheduled your interview? just be polite on the phone if you call and use correct grammar and punctuation if you email.

Do it asap. I got an invite yesterday. Emailed them today my top 2 dates and they emailed back 2 hours later saying those dates are full. According to the grape vine they just sent out invites yesterday. Goes to show you those spots go like hot cake.:eek:

Now tomorrow I've got to call first thing in the morning to make sure my 3rd choice is available.

Congrats on the interview... if you don't mind me asking, where are they full already?