If they don't vote this SOB out, I will no longer be able to recommend MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 2 users
The new dean and several other college deans within the university put out a letter today saying his actions are unacceptable and they all sent a letter to the board to take “appropriate actions” against him.

Engler with his history as governor (allowing rampant sexual assault to happen within MI prisons and essentially dismissing it) was the worst possible choice at president moving forward and this just doubles down on that. With the recent election in MI with two new msu board members should be enough to get him voted out. Pretty sure they asked him to step down already. Not entirely sure how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Makes you wonder if he took part in it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And in the interview with The Detroit News published last week, Mr. Engler said that a fund to help pay for Dr. Nassar’s victims’ counseling costs might not be intended for all victims, a characterization some board members have contested. He also said some victims were enjoying recognition from the scandal.

“There are a lot of people who are touched by this, survivors who haven’t been in the spotlight,” Mr. Engler told the newspaper. “In some ways they have been able to deal with this better than the ones who’ve been in the spotlight who are still enjoying that moment at times, you know, the awards and recognition. And it’s ending. It’s almost done.”

Yeah the more I think about this quote the more I don't like it. At first I thought it wasn't that bad, especially when comparing it to Lara Kollab, but when I think about sending my kids to a school with a head guy who says things like that about assualt victims, I don't like it. I understand he probably got his position by being ruthless and not compassionate, and there might be some truth to his statements, but I don't think he should keep the presidency with that mindset.

Last edited: