if waitlist, what are chances of getting in when reapplying

Started by shaggy411
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaggy411

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got waitlisted last year and i applied kinda late...this year if i apply early..(like now) what are my chances of getting in...i got a couple more recs but nothing else changed really..should i call ? what should i do? are my chances the same as the first time i applied and got waitlisted?? better? worse? ..we're going on the same mcat score too..school is lecom erie and bradenton
 
I applied late last year, no interviews. Not one. I applied early this year (as in complete in late August), with no changes other than I graduated. Same MCAT. I now have four interviews lined up. When I called last year to ask what I can do about my application, all schools with something decent to say said "apply earlier".

I'd say get stuff in as early as possible. Can't hurt, might help.